Another newbie!

Hi - I'm new here today, too.

I'm a bit of a yo-yo dieter - I joined Slimming World in 2001 when I was 11 1/2 stone and got down to 9 1/2 stone in 6 months.

By 2007 I had expanded again to 12 1/2 stone :( so joined Weight Watchers, and again got down to 9 1/2 stone in a little over 6 months.

This August I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, and found to my astonishment that I now weighed 15 1/2 stone! :eek: Loads of this was oedema (retained water) which saw my shoe size balloon from a 5 to a men's size 9! A few weeks after the birth I was down to 13 1/2 stone, which is when I joined Slimming World again.

This time I intend to get down to 8 1/2 stone, and MAINTAIN! ;) I want to be the best role model I can for my daughter, and that means having a healthy relationship with food, staying at a healthy weight, and leading an active lifestyle.

With this in mind I've sent in an entry form to do the Playtex Moonwalk in London in May - 29 miles of power-walking in my bra at night! I haven't heard yet whether I've secured a place, but have started training in readiness already (weather permitting, of course).

I'm looking forward to following everybody's weight loss journeys, and sharing mine with you.

Wow that playtex moonwalk sounds excellent !!!

Welcome to the site, well done on losing so much weight before, and hopefully you can do it again. Congrats on your baby daughter, women do put on weight during pregnancy and its surprising how much of it is water. But its fab that you want to be such a good role model for your daughter, and i mean this in the nicest way hoepfully with a role model like you she wont end up like us.

Good Luck with your weightloss and maintaining when you get there

Lizzie xxx

Thanks, Zillie!

Between you and me, I'm hoping that she has her dad's metabolism - he's one of those incredibly annoying people who can eat what they want and never gains an ounce! Chances are, of course, she'll have her mother's genes, so the best I can do is teach her well and set a positive example. :D

Hello and welcome! I did the Moonwalk last year - it was a fantastic experience! Pop on over to the SW forum too - it's a great board xxx

Hiya, congratz on your birth, and also on your realisation of leading and breeding a healthy lifestyle into your child, if only more parents were like that nowadays, good luck with your moonwalk, that actually sounds quite fun (the night element of it), and good luck on the weight loss journey :)

Back