Another newbie!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by friendlyflamingo, 22 November 2009 Social URL.

1. friendlyflamingo

friendlyflamingo Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st3lb(31.38%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi - I'm new here today, too.

I'm a bit of a yo-yo dieter - I joined Slimming World in 2001 when I was 11 1/2 stone and got down to 9 1/2 stone in 6 months.

By 2007 I had expanded again to 12 1/2 stone :( so joined Weight Watchers, and again got down to 9 1/2 stone in a little over 6 months.

This August I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, and found to my astonishment that I now weighed 15 1/2 stone! :eek: Loads of this was oedema (retained water) which saw my shoe size balloon from a 5 to a men's size 9! A few weeks after the birth I was down to 13 1/2 stone, which is when I joined Slimming World again.

This time I intend to get down to 8 1/2 stone, and MAINTAIN! ;) I want to be the best role model I can for my daughter, and that means having a healthy relationship with food, staying at a healthy weight, and leading an active lifestyle.

With this in mind I've sent in an entry form to do the Playtex Moonwalk in London in May - 29 miles of power-walking in my bra at night! I haven't heard yet whether I've secured a place, but have started training in readiness already (weather permitting, of course).

I'm looking forward to following everybody's weight loss journeys, and sharing mine with you.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. zillie

zillie SlinkySlimmer !!!

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Wow that playtex moonwalk sounds excellent !!!

Welcome to the site, well done on losing so much weight before, and hopefully you can do it again. Congrats on your baby daughter, women do put on weight during pregnancy and its surprising how much of it is water. But its fab that you want to be such a good role model for your daughter, and i mean this in the nicest way hoepfully with a role model like you she wont end up like us.

Good Luck with your weightloss and maintaining when you get there

Lizzie xxx

4. friendlyflamingo

friendlyflamingo Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st3lb(31.38%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks, Zillie!

Between you and me, I'm hoping that she has her dad's metabolism - he's one of those incredibly annoying people who can eat what they want and never gains an ounce! Chances are, of course, she'll have her mother's genes, so the best I can do is teach her well and set a positive example. :D

5. zillie

zillie SlinkySlimmer !!!

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Ah dont you just envy people like that haha !!!

6. Devon Dolce

Devon Dolce 1lb at a time!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.33%)
    Hello and welcome! I did the Moonwalk last year - it was a fantastic experience! Pop on over to the SW forum too - it's a great board xxx

7. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Good luck with SW and congratulations on the birth of your daughter

Irene xx

8. scottye87

scottye87 Back after 6 years of ups and downs...

Start Weight:
    28st0lb
    Current Weight:
    27st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(2.81%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hiya, congratz on your birth, and also on your realisation of leading and breeding a healthy lifestyle into your child, if only more parents were like that nowadays, good luck with your moonwalk, that actually sounds quite fun (the night element of it), and good luck on the weight loss journey :)

9. friendlyflamingo

friendlyflamingo Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st3lb(31.38%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
  10. Bambii

Bambii Member

Welcome and congrats! x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.