Another newbie

katielou

Hi Everyone

Found this site while looking for recipes. Just wanted to introduce myself. I am really commited to losing weight as I am going on holiday in July and am fed up feeling rubbish about the way I look.I've got 3 kids, 11, 8 and 4 and have stopped taking them swimming and things lke that because of my size :eek:

I'm doing slimming world but not going to classes - got stuff from a friend!

Thing is I feel like I'm eating way too much for a diet, have done WW in the past and when I add up WW points for a typical SW day, I seem to be having too many - is this normal??

Anyway, really looking forward to getting to know folk on the site,

One more question, how can I get one of those wee weight counters for the bottom of my posts??

Thanks x

Hiya hun, welcome to Minimins, and Slimming World.

Here's how to get a weight loss ticker:

http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/19...ctory-com.html (How to setup a weight loss ticker on Tickerfactory.com)

I used to follow WW and I'm amazed at how much we can eat on Slimming World! There is a part of my brain that's still stuck in the points counting mindset. I think that in order to succeed at this plan, we need to forget what we learned at WW.
Just follow the plan to the letter, it works. The people on this forum and the people at my group are proof that the plan really does work.
Hide all your WW stuff away for the time being and get into the SW mindframe and you'll be fine! :D

Thanks falloutgirl - felt guilty eating so much but if it works who am i to argue?

Thanks for the ticker info too, just going to try it x

Hello Katie and welcome to the forum :D I'm sure if you pop over to the slimming world subforum here on minimins i'm sure you'll get lots of support.
Its always hard getting use to a new plan at first I think the golden rule with slimming world is learning to stop eating when you are full, I mean even with free food if you ate pasta all day long its not going to work

Thanks for all the lovely welcomes and advice - going to try doing a food diary on SW forum and let people tell me if I'm going wrong - wish me luck, lol x

Back