Another Newbie

Diggers

Hi, I have just started, currently on day 4 and have survived a Friday night at the pub drinking sparkling water! I need to lose at least 2 and a half stone by mid summer. I have done Atkins, and Lean for Life (amongst others) but just don't want to be fat and forty (it's my big 40th birthday at the end of the year and I really won't be able to look at myself in the photos!) So enough is enough, and I am determined to do this.

This diet is very strict, am thinking I may take a break after 3 weeks and go on the 'refeed' but have been reading all the posts and not sure if this is wise, maybe I will see how I get on after my 1st weigh in next Wednesday. What would happen if I ate a 'tiny piece' of lean chicken or fish 'accidentally.......would it really interfere with the Ketosis? I started feeling dizzy when I was out shopping yesterday but had some water so was okay, maybe I am doing too much in the 1st week?
any thoughts appreciated:confused:

if you are feeling hungry or tempted have a glass of water :) it also seems to be that water is a great energy boost!! so keep sipping. take it 1 week at a time and go from there. obviously if it is working and your ok with it, keep at it ;) and well done on your journey so far.
PS it is a tfr diet so NOOOOO food whatsoever, otherwise it is a slippery slope and you will come out of ketosis :) chin up lol

Yes:sigh:, I think if I start looking at cheating there's no point in doing it, need to break the cycle;) I'll probably get inspired to continue at my 1st weigh in..thanks for the advice Helen:)

HI Diggers,

Well done for lasting four days - especially down the pub! I wouldnt have been able to stick to just water I can tell you that! I'm almost finnished week three and have lost a stone and a half, so think how close to your goal you will be after three weeks. I know it seems like an age away now but it really helps when you start to see your weight loss. Hopefully your first WI will give you a big boost and help you see it through in one go. Personally, I've though about re-feeding - got a couple of nights out coming up and my birthday soon but cant stand the thought of stopping and starting again - dont know if I could get back into it again to be honest. This diet is one of the hardest things I've done but I know the sacrifice will be worth it.

Hope this helps you make your mind up.

Good luck with your first weight-in!x

not sure if this will help but i found my first 4 wks quite easy, tho on wk 4 was missing food so much thought i could do a planned refeed so had a sort of refeed for easter as went away ( only two shakes 1 meal no carbs apart from a 4 finger kitkat i gave into) lost 3lb that week had a few days the wk after when I had a meal or two lost another 4lb but found it really hard to get back to 100% last week as kids had been home I had been off work so went back to work still picked some meat then wi wed put on 2lb I know it is my TOTM but was so gutted that I have been 100% since the fear of putting my 2st back on kills me, so if i had my time over i don't think i would have refed so early, so what ever you decide i wish you all the best.

Last edited:
How you getting on Diggers? I find the weekends the hardest :( But I have still stuck to it 100%. I go window shopping alot but thats ok too lol. Not long now till your weigh in, and then you will see it was all worth it :) xx

Hi Hez

Speaking about the weekend i'm finding it really tough. Its different during the week because I work and there is always things to do but the weekends are a struggle. I was really boring last night and went to bed at 8pm!

Hi All ,
Im A Newbie To Lipotrim - Today Is My Second Day !!
I Dont Feel Hungry But Have Had A Slight Headache - Its Good To Have A Site Like This !
Im Looking Forward ToMy First Weigh On Saturday - But For Now I Will Take Each Day As It Comes x

Diggers the newbie

Well I kinda survived the weekend but had a blip Sunday night :eek:...........it involved a glass of zero coke and a 97% pork sausage but I woke up on day 6 still resolved! I have my weigh in on Wednesday so will let you all know how I get on, I feel better today, may get out exercising on me bike as I was a bit too dizzy the last couple of days :flirt2:

On the positive side I find it easier to avoid the alcohol than the food :eek: Sparkling water helps! (in a wine glass!) My work clothes felt looser today........:D Thanks for all the advice !

Back