Another Newbie :)

Hi all, I'm Melissa from Wales. I'm 19 and am a cake decorator. Last year I was at my heaviest of 10 stone 7 after quite a lot of emotional eating. Well some time during the summer the weight starting falling off without any effort which I can say is from coming out of a spell of depression and by the November I'd shed 9 pounds. By this point people started commenting and this motivated me to get down to 9 stone 5. Well then Christmas came and so did the gloomy weather and I'm back to a round 10 stone. The goal is to get to just under 9 stone, giving me 2 pounds grace.

Basically, I could do with some motivation. I'm starting the 30 day shred today, cutting out all the crap, steaming or grilling all of my food and swapping all my carbs for whole grains.

Do bare with me as I try and find my way around this site, thanks for reading and please don't be strangers.
Wish me luck, Melissa x :)

Welcome to minis,ooh sounds like you have the dream job ;)

There's some info in the sticky sections for new starters but the forums are pretty easy to manage, i'm sure you'll find your way around.

Good luck with your diet and the shred! :character00116:

Hello from the states!! I totally understand! I'm new here as well, and looking for motivation. I'm starting the "Sacred Heart" diet this coming Monday and have a ton of weight to lose! (A little over one hundred pounds.) I wish you all the best luck in successfully reaching your ultimate weight loss goal! :)

Also, how many pounds is a stone?

Thanks for the support guys! Such fast replies too :)
There are 14 pounds in a stone :)
Good luck to you, keep in touch so we can share our progress!

Hi. You are very similar weight to me. I have been dieting for two weeks although this week not been great. I too went up and down due to emotional stuff. I am ordering my 30 day shred DVD today also. Be good to help each other xx

We should definitely help each other! I will worn you about the 30 day shred it's not easy. I did it for the first time today and my body was shaking afterwards, I managed to get through it but it does knock the wind out of you! Can not wait to see the results though!
Well I think I'm going to publish my little diet diary on here as a sort of deterrent for over indulging so feel free to join me and we shall kick some butt!
:)

Yeh I started posting my food diary. I keep one everyday so just need to get into habit of publishing it. I saw preview of DVD it looks hard. Last year I was so into gym I'm talking 6 times a week with circuits, spin classes etc but for past 6-8 months I have been so so lazy and it's caught up on me big time lol x

Daft question I know....But what is the 30 shred? Is it a fittness DVD? If so where do I get a copy. I do Zumba 3 times a week but need something to do on the days I don't go to Zumba.

Hiya the 30 day shred is a dvd you can get from play or amazon. It's an intense 25 minute work out with three levels. You do each level for ten days before progressing. It's a Jillian Michaels exercise dvd so that should tell you it's gunna be some hard work! Her system is by doing 3 minutes of strength(weights) 2 minutes cardio(jumping jacks, punching, butt kicks etc) and then 1 minute abs work. I got it after reading rave reviews. I'm on day four now and I was a sweating shaking heap after the first day but now I'm energised and ready for a run afterwards. It's crazy how much your body adapts. I'm trying not to look at the scales until Monday but then I shall tell you how I got off. It's doing wonders for my fitness though!

Back