Another pro-points defector re-starting the Discover Plan.

Ravenflame

Hi Folks,

I am an old 'At Home' customer who is re-starting the Discover Plan today and hoping to get to an initial healthy weight of 11st10lbs. I lost 2 stone on the old points a year and a half ago but then never regained my focus after Christmas and sort of stayed the same give or take a few pounds either side.

Luckily I have all the files and materials from last time and am so glad I decided to keep them and not throw them out when I joined pro-points last year, after being diagnosed with diabetes.

I didn't get on very well with pro-points at all, which is a shame as I like the social aspect of the meetings and the weigh in to keep you accountable. But seeing as vintage points is now 'outlawed' and the leader doesn't help you in the meetings with it, there seemed little point me paying out for dieting camaraderie once a week.

Also pro-points feels so much more psychologically restrictive than Discover, even with the weekly bonus points. I also kind of resented how many points your carbs costed you and would rather point my fruit than have it free and things be lower in pro-points all around. But hey, that's just me :)

I've had a good first day today and am well within my points so just dropping by to say hello. I am hoping to use these forums quite a bit for inspiration and recipe ideas :)

Best of luck Ravenflame!. I also re-started today and it doesn't take long to get back in the swing of things. We can all be like a 'class' here. Hope you get a good result this week!

Thank you December :) You're absolutely right about getting back into it. I keep reminding myself that the plan works and its me that has to work the plan! X

Hello again!...how did you get on today?. I had my first wobble but it's tracked and I'll just carry the points onwards and obliterate them!. Hope you had a good day.Are you geared up for the weekend?

Hi December,

Actually I've felt pretty unwell today. I'm about five points over but have been walking for up to an hour a day all week so am hoping that can go towards it :)

Went shopping today and have stocked up on lots of fruit and vegetables and planned my meals tomorrow.

Hopefully things will be better when I am back at work next week and out of the lack of holiday routine. Just wish the leftover party food wasn't staring at me now lol :)

How about yourself? Have a lovely weekend when you get there!

R x

Hello :) yet another person on discover :)

Hi,

Nice to hear from you :)

Weekend wasn't too bad but Sunday night the family decided to use up the New Year leftovers and had a bit of a buffet. Prawn cocktails, rum fed Christmas cake (homemade) and poached pears in port. Omnom.

I planned for it as much as I could but the good news is that all the baddies have gone so has meant my focus has returned. Been on track since :)

Don't know about you but I have decided to make my weigh in Saturday mornings. This forces me to be good all week at work and still have a sort of cheat meal or just enjoy myself if out on Sat. Then it's straight back to it Sunday with however many exercise points I earn for two and half hours ceilidh dancing ;-)

How's your week so far ?

Hi Ravenflame!

I'd say you burn huge points with the ceilidh dancing!!. I'm still waiting on my Zumba WII to arrive..we will have a dance off. It's great to clear all the junk out of the house, isn't it. Thank God all those selection boxes are finished now...I was expecting a bar of choc with my morning cup of tea, afternoon cup and for desert..I don't even want to think about how many calories I crammed in this Christmas!
Your weigh-in day sounds like a good plan. I'm sticking with Wednesday because that was always the day I was weighed in class. I work all weekend so I never go out on a Saturday anyway..but if I did, I would definately save up my points and weight myself that morning!
Have a good day and good luck with the weigh in this week!

Back