Another query??? :)

Chala1972

At the end of the day if you have not used all the 45g allocation of fat could you have something just outside of the 5g per 100g? :eek:

I wouldn't, but I would happily eat something within the 5g rule, just to "use up" the 45g allocation. I think the xenical reacts with things with more than 5g of fat?

I wouldn't, but I would happily eat something within the 5g rule, just to "use up" the 45g allocation. I think the xenical reacts with things with more than 5g of fat?

Thanks for that :) I am still a bit confused but getting there aha :) I just wondered about the 45g overall amount, cos i suppose you could be eating not enough of fat??? So am trying to make sure I am getting 25-30g per day with room for monouvere, if thats how its spelt lol x

Yeah I was talking about this on another thread and was told to make sure I eat my fat allowance otherwise it doesn't work as well, but I actually have found it quite hard to eat the full 45g! I think what I'm going to do is say if I have breakfast and it's only 5g fat in total, I can put 10g aside for later if I'm hungry.. same with lunch & dinner.. you know, just make sure I get the 45g allowance but it might not be in 3 whole meals? Rather than have something with over 5g per 100g, because I think that's when you'll get side effects! I don't want those lol.

That sounds like a great idea! I think I will try that too, trial and error i suppose but really dont want the error part haha, I am confident that this is going to work for me so am soooo determind to succeed! Hubby is eating what I am, he isnt on the tablets he is fine, so thats helping, not having to cook something different all the time x

it sounds like youve got it sussed :D

xoxo

I follow the rules. It says on the leaflet that your to have no more than 15g of fat per meal, the tablets get rid of a third of the fat you eat, so they get rid of 5g which is the most they can cope with so therefore your body uses the other 10g (if you do have the full 15g per meal) as energy. The only thing that xenical tells you to do is not go over the 15g per meal/45g per day. It doesn't tell you that you HAVE to eat the 45g, that is just the maximum. My Dr told me to avoid fat and eat as little of it as possible. You can't eat any foods over the 5g/100g whilst on these tablets.

I know you'll probably understand all this now, but wanted to clarify for any others who were unsure. x

bumped for yumymumywanabe

thanks for that bunny hops.. answered my question perfectly

Back