Another question

DearFatty

Silver Member
I made a huge veggie shepherds pie yesterday so that I can freeze it in portions for meals.
I used all free foods and counted in the syns for gravy granules and I used 1 hexb for some low fat cheese on the top.
My question is when I have a portion of this what do I do about working out syns for the cheese etc ?
I think I have managed to confuse myself without even trying lol

I'd just count it as 1 hexB and however many syns for your granules on the first day you have some, then it's already accounted for when you have the rest.

Hi sounds lovely! Might be better counting the low fat cheese as syns so you can work out total number of syns per portion as it will vary from day to day depending which HEA you use when you have a portion.

Hi sounds lovely! Might be better counting the low fat cheese as syns so you can work out total number of syns per portion as it will vary from day to day depending which HEA you use when you have a portion.

Yes, I'd do that too.
I'd divide the syns for the gravy by 5 (portions) and use the cheese as syns too. So if you've used 1 HE A for the whole pie, I'd add on 1 more syn per portion....if that makes sense!!

Thanks, thats a great help. I will just add the syns each time I have a portion :)

Back