Antacids?

Leanne1983

Are antacid tablets off limits on CD? Just looked at the packet and it contains glucose so I presumed they wont be allowed??

Antacids slow down your digestion so it seems they would be off limits but hopefully someone with more knowledge on this will be along soon. why do you need them?

I used to be on medication to reduce amount of acid produced, but was taken off them when I was pregnant. Haven't bothered to go back on them since so just need antacids to stop me getting heartburn. The problem is incresed due to being overweight so I may just have to grit my teeth and bear it. Losing the weight is much more important!

So does that mean you get heartburn with evrything you eat/ even CD? are you ss or ss+?

Im SS. Its not really related to what I eat. Its worse if I have lots of liquid, e.g. a cup of tea before bed makes it worse. As you can imagine, Im more than likely gonna get it on CD but hopefully it will be bearable.

Well hun, I occasionally take ducolax which has glucose and it doesnt knock me out of ketosis. i think if you really need it, take it for comfort, but only if you need too. Good luck

My need for antacids has completely disappeared on CD SS so you may find you don't need them as much or at all? I think someone mentioned in a post that Gaviscon is ok. Check with your CDC. Best wishes

Thanks for that. Nearly done 2 days now and not needed them yet so can hopefully avoid them altogether.

I used Gaviscon almost daily for months when on CD, never knocked me out of ketosis and didn't affect the weight loss either. xx

Back