Antari's journey

Antari

Well, Day one for me of Slim and Save. I did Exante a couple of years back and managed to keep the weight off (mostly) until I developed a back problem, couldn't walk properly for 15 months, had a back operation and then sat around eating anything and everything and put a 'shed load' of weight back on. I couldn't face Exante again as I hated the soups and bars and lived off the shakes and it's now winter and I need hot food, so I decided this diet would work.

I am on 4 packs a Day for a while as I want to get off the 'real food' wagon so it's 3 meals and one with the listed veggies for dinner so I can eat normally with hubby in the evening.

I started off getting the taster pack and they did a good choice so I am making a list of everything and giving them a tick or a cross so I know what to send for next week.

I had the Porridge for breakfast which filled me up nicely and I am having the Oatmeal tomorrow to see what I like best. This will be my breakfast everyday.

I am having a bar for lunch, a shake early evening and then a mushroom soup with extra mushrooms and some chopped up spring onions for dinner.

I understand Frylight can be used as I would like to have a stir fry occasionally too. Correct me someone if that's not OK please. I have looked at the meal options pages and they gave me loads of info too, I like the cauliflower rice idea!

I have 6 stone to lose to get me to target, I only lost 3 with Exante and then gave up, but I want to lose all of it this time especially with my re-mended back. I owe it to my body to get healthy and take the strain off it!

Well 2nd day in and I am feeling hungry. Decided to have a bar for breakfast and think that was a mistake, but it is nearly lunchtime so I am still OK. Will definitely be ordering the porridge in future (haven't tried the oatmeal yet) and having a hot breakfast when my next lot of packs arrive. Until then I will have the shakes hot. I am trying the crispy choc cereal shake, we will have to see if I like it.

I changed my mind last night from soup and had spaghetti with mushrooms and cauliflower rice. I put the cauliflower and the mushrooms with some seasoning into the food processor and then put the cooked spaghetti on top. It was surprisingly filling and so yesterday was a success. I had the Dark chocolate bar for lunch and a cafe latte shake late afternoon. Didn't like the shake that much cold, but it may be better hot.

As hubby is having a curry tonight I am going to have 3 meals today instead of the 4 and have the curry with hard boiled eggs, mushrooms and wilted spinach underneath.

I do feel a bit shaky today, but not going anywhere so going to take it easy and drink lots.

I bought the chocolate tea bags from Tesco yesterday and they are surprisingly nice. I had one yesterday afternoon. I normally drink white tea and so may have one of those as a treat to make a change. didn't get through all the water yesterday, must try harder!

I struggle with the water too,and agree the bar was probably a mistake for breakfast,I find it doesn't at all fill me up!cafe latte shakes are lovely hot,don't know how many times I've wrote that in the last few days,I'm just in love with them lol I add sweeteners a drop of milk to mine,and also halve the packs and it does two big mugs and fills me up better! The hunger and weak feeling will pass and you'll be full of energy,keep up the good work x

I am sending for the month's supply tomorrow so I will certainly get some cafe lattes in, thank you for that advice. I had the oatmeal yesterday and I think that the porridge and the oatmeal, although they taste a bit strange certainly filled me up better.

I had the curry last night with boiled eggs, but wasn't that keen really, a bit of nothing! Prefer the bolognaise and it looks more like a meal than mush. I am having the macaroni cheese for dinner tonight with some more cauliflower and try and make it seem like cauliflower cheese.

As far as the shakes go, the banana is gross and the ones with the 'floaty bits' are also really weird. Guess what I will be sending for mostly then blossom ;)

I am not so keen on the bars, but will send for a few in case I need that chocolate treat without breaking the diet. The ones I have tasted all seem to be OK.

I am struggling a bit with the whole thing actually probably because I have done this before, Exante last year and Lighterlife about 7 years ago so it's not exciting me yet, and also I am not going to weigh myself until I have been doing it a week whereas I weighed everyday before and so got excited when the weight was falling off. I will get into it though, a few habits to break (gin and tonic to bring in the weekend and nibbles to go with it) and the week will make it easier I am sure. Also I am still slightly housebound and so find myself wondering what to eat next. That has to stop. But I am getting there in my mind and I will carry on.........I need to lose this weight if only to help the healing of my back and make it easier to walk for longer distances.

Antari said:
I am sending for the month's supply tomorrow so I will certainly get some cafe lattes in, thank you for that advice. I had the oatmeal yesterday and I think that the porridge and the oatmeal, although they taste a bit strange certainly filled me up better.

I had the curry last night with boiled eggs, but wasn't that keen really, a bit of nothing! Prefer the bolognaise and it looks more like a meal than mush. I am having the macaroni cheese for dinner tonight with some more cauliflower and try and make it seem like cauliflower cheese.

As far as the shakes go, the banana is gross and the ones with the 'floaty bits' are also really weird. Guess what I will be sending for mostly then blossom ;)

I am not so keen on the bars, but will send for a few in case I need that chocolate treat without breaking the diet. The ones I have tasted all seem to be OK.

I am struggling a bit with the whole thing actually probably because I have done this before, Exante last year and Lighterlife about 7 years ago so it's not exciting me yet, and also I am not going to weigh myself until I have been doing it a week whereas I weighed everyday before and so got excited when the weight was falling off. I will get into it though, a few habits to break (gin and tonic to bring in the weekend and nibbles to go with it) and the week will make it easier I am sure. Also I am still slightly housebound and so find myself wondering what to eat next. That has to stop. But I am getting there in my mind and I will carry on.........I need to lose this weight if only to help the healing of my back and make it easier to walk for longer distances.

when ordering try the wafers! They're in the bar section and sooo gorgeous!! I don't like the shakes with bits in either but bought some of the mousse powder and added it to a strawberry shake,and popped it into the fridge for 5 minutes and it was like a thick creamy yoghurt with strawberry bits in,so nice!
I don't like the curry either,and I used to like the macaroni cheese but I think its gross now,chilli and spag bol is gorgeous though!
And Yeah I've done exante before and so I didn't have the excitement when starting this either, but because it tastes so much better I'm sticking to it and losing more,so my excitement is back,and knowing I could be like 2 stone down by Christmas ready for a nice glittery NYE dress its giving me motivation, I quit my job a few months ago to go back to college after xmas and so I can understand about being in the house a lot and getting bored,maybe try a little exercise if you can,30 day shred is amazing and banana's has just started a challenge in the main forum! Goodluck xx

Just here to wish you luck :) Will be keeping an eye on your diary.

Wow! You are super organised. Good news that you are on the mend - good luck with your journey and please keep us updated!!

x

Well, obviously I didn't do too well staying on track. There was so much to do, so many people to visit and so much yummy food about that all the bars, meals and shakes stayed in the boxes in the spare room :(.

Now everyone is back to normality, I had my last glass of wine last night and my last mince pie with a cup of tea yesterday for afternoon break and today I am really, really starting the diet! I have had my porridge for breakfast and am sitting here with a large glass of water. From now on that will be the only thing that I have by my side while I am on the computer.

To be fair I feel completely stuffed and extremely unfit and also 3 and a half pounds heavier..........not good. Also, I have had a cough and cold over Christmas which has gone on my chest from all the heavy food and dairy that I have been having daily.

I have a great deal of weight to lose but this HAS to be the year. With my weakened back I really have to stick to a regime and get healthier.

So here goes for the next 6 months. I can do it, I have done it before and felt amazing, and with your help I can stick with it. I have also decided not to keep it a secret from my family (only my husband knows) so that when they do visit I won't feel tempted to have whatever they are having. They will probably be horrified, but I am doing this for me.........not them.

First day done. Didn't have as much water as I should but a good day on the whole. No cravings and no hunger (although I must still be stuffed from Christmas and New Year than I probably don't need to eat for a month!!).

I still don't like the meals........I had the chilli yesterday and it has a weird smell, taste, texture and wasn't enjoyable. I did try a few of the others before I gave up and put them in the spare room so I may just have shakes, bars, porridge. oatmeal and soups next time as I wasn't keen on any of them :( At first the idea of this sort of 'meal' with veg appealed to me after Exante but I am disappointed with them I must admit. Each to their own though. I do find the idea of porridge appealing for the cold mornings though and quite enjoy the taste of that and the oatmeal, if not the texture and find that it fills me up, so I will stay with those until the weather gets warmer.

I have so much weight to lose that I am having the 4 packs a day for the first month so I don't have to think about food and preparing it for myself.

Having my hair cut this afternoon and booking to have a manicure, time I had some beautifying I think :)

ha! Found your diary, Antari :)

It's amazing how our tastes change whilst on a VLCD - on LL I couldn't stand the shakes until the very last month, so for 6 months I lived on nothing but porridge, mushroom soup and bars :p .... however, I am really enjoying some of the "meal" packs, such as cottage pie, macaroni cheese and the spaghetti ones .... I am sure this will change. In the mornings, I prefer the oatmeal with a sprinkling of cinnamon as the porridge is too sweet. Keep trying, so you don't get bored.

Onwards and downwards

Missy :D

Well back to write my diary.

I had a weekend off. I didn't mean to but we had both our children, their wives and babies arrive on Saturday and I tried to eat low carb, but my willpower hasn't built up enough yet :sigh:. I didn't pig out but then we went out for a meal on Sunday and unfortunately I did. I got back on track yesterday and didn't find it difficult and I didn't get too hungry.

Completely back on track now as I have nothing else organised for a long while. I am seeing a friend on Friday and have told her what I am doing as she has a lot of weight to lose, so I will be OK having lunch with her (we aren't going out)

So, I haven't weighed myself this week. I am going to reweigh next Monday and hopefully will have a nice surprise.

My diet has had a boost though since the weekend. Lots of pictures were taken with my grandchildren and myself and what a shock I had! I look in the mirror everyday but I don't see this woman with 3 chins looking back.........but I did when I looked at the photos. I can't be an enormous Grandma anymore :cry:

Hi Antari, life does get in the way doesn't it? It's most difficult when situations are sprung on you, and there is no time to plan meals, etc. (I bet you had a good weekend though ;) ). Hoping you have a good week this week.

Onwards and downwards :D

Well I am more in the mood now and managing not to have anything I am not supposed to. My biggest problem is I absolutely hate the meal packs. I have tried them all now and they all make me gag. I have put herbs and flavourings in them, made them with more or less water and I really, really hate them all so much so that I have the majority left and have almost run out of everything else. I actually had some Exante soups left and I have been having them as a 'hot meal'. I ordered another 28 days of packs this morning and hopefully they will arrive before we get cut off from the expected snow and then I won't have anything in the house to tempt me. I have only ordered the porridge/oatmeal hot meals, bars and shakes and I am sure that will make me feel so much better and more in control. I know that somewhere along the line I am going to have to try the packs again as I can't really afford to dump them, but it will have to be every other day or so, so I can forget how I felt after eating the last one!

Back