Antibiotics and CD

Mia

Skinny girl in a fat body
I know this question has been asked before but just need it clarified again :wave_cry:. I have been given a weeks course of antibiotics which need to be taken with food. I am on day 10 and have been 100% so don't really want to come off the plan if possible.

Are the CD products classed as 'food' ie. they are filling our stomachs so the tablet can be absorbed etc. Maybe the soup would be better (like a cup-a-soup). Would it be ok to maybe have a chunck of chicken, or fish or maybe a few prawns with our CD enough to take the tablet. I am not ill and only have an infection so can carry on with CD, but obviously I want the tablets to work. Any advice (KD?)

I took antibiotics on my first week of CD ... I had no adverse affects I just swallowed them with my shakes.

Did it stipulate you had to take them with food?

Strictly speaking, if you have an infection, you should go up a plan (or few) or even off the diet, until it's cleared depending on the severity. General advice is to get the CWPC to contact cambridge with details.

But...in answer to your question (see, I'm getting there :D), yes it is classed as food and if the antibiotics need to be taken with food, you usually drink the shake, then take the tablets...(I remember that, but something tells me it should be taking the tablets somewhere in the middle of the shake). I doubt it will make much difference. Follow your instincts and don't blame me for anything :D

Oh and check the leaflet to make sure it can be taken with milk as some can't.

Edited to add: Some antibiotics shouldn't be taken with food, so you would leave a gap between them and the shakes. Check the instructions

Thanks KD and beinggod. I am so into the diet at the moment but have to admit that becasue I didn't know the answer and I needed to start the course I have had some of those tiny sandwich prawns before the tablet and after the tablet and my soup. The thing is I have eaten the whole packet (236 cals) ooooppppsss!!!!! Do you think this will effect my loss for the week now. Now that I know I can just take them with my CD I will scrap the food from now on.

I have had some of those tiny sandwich prawns before the tablet and after the tablet and my soup. The thing is I have eaten the whole packet (236 cals) ooooppppsss!!!!! Do you think this will effect my loss for the week now.

Was it just the prawns, or were they incased in bread? ;)

Hahaha no I promise it was just a plain packet of sandwich prawns - 245g = 236 cals. Whats the damage do you think?

Hahaha no I promise it was just a plain packet of sandwich prawns - 245g = 236 cals. Whats the damage do you think?

Negligible ;)

Phewwww ;). Thanks. I will just have the rest of my course with my CD.

Back