Antibiotics and weight loss?

vijch50

Will antibiotics affect weight loss?
I have been on ww since July and lost over 2 stone and although some weeks have been low losses I have never had a week that I have not lost. Started pro points last week first week weigh in was -2.5lbs. I have been put on antibiotics and although I have stuck to my points every day and not used my weekly allowanc so far this week no loss. Weigh in is on Monday so I probably should not have looked but I don't feel like I have lost any and I usually do. I hate these tablets and another 4 days to go! Will be gutted if I don't lose this week!:confused:

I was on antibiotics last week and a had a loss of 3lbs, so i dont know if they effect weightloss. But i have also got on to the scales and by the looks of it i will only have a 1lb loss this week, thats if it doesnt go back up. I'm going to try and exercise a little more, my consultant said the new plan works better with exercise. So fingers crossed i will see a loss even if it is 1lb or sts its still better than a gain. Good luck for your weigh in.

There is nothing in antibiotics that should cause a gain or make you static but if you are under the weather your body might hold onto certain things to help heal you. Depends on the infection but some, particularly chest infections will mean a gain as the lungs are not working properly so the blood gases change which means fluid levels rise etc.

Another thing I have noticed is...there seems to be a lot of people that do great for 8 weeks then all of a sudden week 9 they get a smaller loss or a static...have a read on here and you will see, and it doesnt seem to matter what diet youre following either. its generally weeks 9 and 10 so you may be a victim of whatever that is

Back