Anxiety :(

katsmad64

Basically my 16 year old daughter has her school prom this Friday and she's getting herself in a state about it feeling and being sick bad anxiety fear of being trapped in the limo and wanting to be sick which is not good especially as all the lovely expensive dresses they'll be wearing . So wondered if there was any advice anyone could give as to help her and me through this would be very much appreciated thank you x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

I know teenagers my older daughter was fine she's very laid back not like my youngest I did tell her I would take her if she gets in too much of a state so if worse comes to worse that's what we'll do but you know what girls are like want to be with her friends I did say she probably would regret it later if she didn't go think I may take her to Drs may have some advice to make her feel better I do think these proms have got a bit out of control tho not everyone has the money to spend on it some people spend a fortune for just a few hours thanks I'll let you know how it goes roll on next Sunday ! X

I do find it very strange, when young people are often so concerned about environmental issues, that they would even want to go in a limousine. But then I am ancient, and find a lot of things people do these days a bit bizarre. Why, in the middle of a recession, people spend more and more money on these sort of things, and weddings, don't get me started on weddings!!

And it never appears to me that all this conspicuous consumption actually makes people enjoy things more - in fact, the opposite seems to be the case.

hiya,

i suffer with bad anxiety and when my got really bad i went to the doctors and sat with my doctor for half an hour and talked to her. i found it really helped me, she did a blood test that tested everything to see if i had any imbalances of hormones etc as that can cause anxiety. I left feeling much better. hope your daughters ok xx

I used to get so anxious when I went out socially as a teenager all those many years ago, my teeth would chatter with nerves and my jaw would ache, I started taking rescue remedy when I started learning to drive and then took them when I felt overwhelmed - I don't know if it was psychological but I know I felt assured. I still would take them if I'm nervous about giving a presentation in work or similar; definitely give them a go :)

Thanks for your advice . My Daughter managed to keep it together & wasn't sick was very proud of her as I know how bad she gets . The limo they ordered had been damaged the evening before so they supplied them with a party bus which was much better as there was much more space and my daughter didn't feel to packed in . Hope that she now feels more confident guess next big occasion would be wedding day hopefully not for years to come ! Thanks x

Back