Anxious but very excited at the same time!

Hello, my name is Emma and I am a big fat pig.. I have to lose weight as I have no photographs with my children - how sad, I want to be healthy for them and wouldn't mind a photo or two with my husband too. My right knee clicks now as I walk down the stairs, I also take medication for high blood pressure. I am off on holiday in just over 11 weeks and am convinced that I will not be able to get the seatbelt around my huge belly on the airplane. So I have a plan and this time I am sticking to it with no excuses, I am starting CD on Tuesday 4 May 2010, I spent 50 odd quid yesterday and have the sachets ready for Tuesday. I have made a commitment to myself to really try this time. Some of your stories on this website are inspiring - well done all of you, you must be so proud of yourselves.

I do have a slight concern about all the side effects - headaches, hair loss, dizzy spells, so any advice would be gratefully received

Thank you :)
p.s I am 5'82 and weigh 17'10, I have set myself a goal to lose 3 stones

Hi Emma. You've come to the right place for the help and support you'll need and 3 stones in 11 weeks certainly isn't impossible as you'll have seen from other peoples success stories.

The worst of the side effects are the first week getting into ketosis and once you get past that it gets a lot easier. Make sure you drink lots of fluids and it would be a good idea to start to increase your fluid intake and reduce your carbs over the weekend before you start on Tuesday to reduce some of the side effects.

I must admit that *touch wood* I haven't suffered badly from too many side effects - the idea of not chewing things is a bit odd but I haven't had hideous headaches like some and have only had dizzy spells if I've overdone it and try to do too much on so few calories so you never know you might also be one of the lucky ones who doesn't suffer too badly.l

Good luck and keep us updated

Thank you for your reply, I am so fired up now, I cannot wait until Tuesday morning, I have promised myself I am going to leap out of bed! I have set myself a 3 stone weight loss but haven't really set a date to achieve the target weight. I am positive I would feel much better even if I lost a stone!! Longer term I would like to lose alot more than 3 stone, but have decided not to set myself an un-realistic target as I know I would more than likely fail.
Best of luck to you
Thank you

Hi Im new to this too, I started last Tuesday and my start weight was 17.9, so 1 lb off ur start weight, I cut down on carbs for 2 days before i started and have had no real side effects, not even hunger!! I have done this diet previously and always gorged myself before starting then had really bad side effects.

If your looking for a quick fix its brilliant, i weighed myself this morning and it read 17.01, thats 8 lbs!!! this is my 4th day, i know my scales are prob different to my CDC but its such a nice feeling seeing it come down so quickly.

Good luck

OMG!

Apologies - I have never used a forum before and as I am the most non-technical person in the world, I didn't actually realise you had replied to my message!!.

Well done you, that is massive weight loss, you must feel amazing... You mentioned that you have tried this diet before, did the weight go back on really quickly when you came of the plan? This is something I am slightly concerned about, but I am convinced that when I lose lots of weight and feel amazing, I will be then be very concious about putting it back on! Do you mind me asking how much weight you lost previously and how long did it take?

Emma

hi there,
i used herbalife for around 10 weeks and lost 11lb, but to be honest ive come off this diet and started back with slimming world and lost 4 lb in my 1st week. i missed actually eating and chewing, but if you can still to this, then it will deffinatly come off, but just be careful wehn you start to eat normal again, as its very hard to control when you havent been eating solid food much.but the very best of luck to you and hope that you can do this for your holiday and feel fab!!!!!

sending you all the luck in the world!!!!

Well done for taking the first step, you have a goal of 11 weeks you will do it.

I never cut down on carbs the week before I started CD, I just jumped into it -
Day 1 & 2 - I was so excited & determinded I was ok
Day 3 & 4 - Had a tummy ache and headache but just kept drinking water and it did go.

Other than the first few days all was ok till week 3, then I was craving real food.

Are you doing SS?

I love this forum and the people are great. x x
GOOD LUCK

Apologies - I have never used a forum before and as I am the most non-technical person in the world, I didn't actually realise you had replied to my message!!.

Well done you, that is massive weight loss, you must feel amazing... You mentioned that you have tried this diet before, did the weight go back on really quickly when you came of the plan? This is something I am slightly concerned about, but I am convinced that when I lose lots of weight and feel amazing, I will be then be very concious about putting it back on! Do you mind me asking how much weight you lost previously and how long did it take?

Emma

I was only worried about loosing it for my birthday, i went back to eating crap and lots of it, it didnt go striaight back on but gradually over time. I think the key is to ensure you follow the later stages of CD when introducing food and changing your habbits for life, last time my partner was not supportive and didnt need to worry, my partner now has weight to loose too and is very supportive so im changing for life, i cant eat crap 24/7 limitation will be my hardest battle but looking good will motivate me to in the end!!

Best of luck to you - you will achieve your goal. It's all about motivation at the end of the day isn't it. I did try LL for 2 days and really struggled, but I think CD will be better for me as you do have the option to eat food if you need to bite into something or actually chew something! I just hope this time next week I will have stuck to the sachets and not cheated, I do feel really positive though. There is no way I am getting into my swimsuit like this, I'll probably clear the pool on holiday!!

Thanks for your advice

Emma

Best of luck to you - you will achieve your goal. It's all about motivation at the end of the day isn't it. I did try LL for 2 days and really struggled, but I think CD will be better for me as you do have the option to eat food if you need to bite into something or actually chew something! I just hope this time next week I will have stuck to the sachets and not cheated, I do feel really positive though. There is no way I am getting into my swimsuit like this, I'll probably clear the pool on holiday!!

Thanks for your advice

Emma

LL is so restrictive and expensive, i done a couple of days on it b4 CD last time! when is your holiday? i go on 8th july so under 10 weeks now and i aim to loose 2-3 stone by then!! fingers crossed!

Well done for taking the first step, you have a goal of 11 weeks you will do it.

I never cut down on carbs the week before I started CD, I just jumped into it -
Day 1 & 2 - I was so excited & determinded I was ok
Day 3 & 4 - Had a tummy ache and headache but just kept drinking water and it did go.

Other than the first few days all was ok till week 3, then I was craving real food.

Are you doing SS?

I love this forum and the people are great. x x
GOOD LUCK

I am not sure if this is how I reply to you, as this is the first time I have used a forum like this!! Congratulations to you on your weight loss, you must be so proud of yourself, yes I will be starting SS on Tuesday and cannot wait. I do love my food and know it will be a struggle at first, but I am determined to succeed and have a goal to lose 3 stone

Best of luck to you

LL is so restrictive and expensive, i done a couple of days on it b4 CD last time! when is your holiday? i go on 8th july so under 10 weeks now and i aim to loose 2-3 stone by then!! fingers crossed!

I go on 20 July, so it will be 11 weeks on Tuesday. So will you eat normally on holiday or continue with CD?

I go on 20 July, so it will be 11 weeks on Tuesday. So will you eat normally on holiday or continue with CD?

I plan to have a few days off the diet b4 the holiday, i have a hen night, wedding and my bday in june but have already planned to do cd all day and a meal in eve as will be drinking, then bk on it, and as for the holiday i will be eating normally but healthily. i plan to come back from holiday maybe loose another stone, then work up the plans still loosing.

Have you thought about what you will do?

Back