any advice for a newbie??

Enjoy it - I joined last Monday and I was so nervous I had to take my OH in with me for support, but the consultant was lovely and there were 2 new starters as well so we kind of joined together.

My advice would be to ask anything you want to know, even if you think it's a daft question, ask it anyway and I think best of all; just give it a go :)

I'm only on my first week and I know I haven't been 100% all the time and I'm still learning the plan, fitting it into my day and what the syn values are but in a few weeks it will all click into place.

Try the recipes and enjoy food while still losing weight; good luck for Wednesday, hope it goes great for you.

Welcome.

My most important piece of advice is to plan, plan, plan. Try not to leave anything to chance and make sure that you have appropriate options available for every meal and for snacks if you need/want them. It really makes a difference. If I don't do that, I tend to pick at anything that's available.

Hope you do really well.

Gail x

I guess my best advice would be to see this as a new way of life, not a quick fix diet. Nothing is off limits and everything in moderation- it is about realistic and susatinable eating habits for life- not just to fit in a certain outfit by Christmas then put it all back on again.

If it takes a while- don't fret. It took a long time to gain the weight, so it will take time for it to come off again. But, it will come off and you are going to look and feel amazing!!!

Good luck

xxx

I just joined last Thursday, and I guess you are going tonight so - good luck for tonight! I am finding it really difficult cause the consultant didnt really explain much, but its all in the books and the website is great ! xx

It can seem a bit difficult to take in all at once, but don't worry. Either email/text your C for help or post any questions on here.

Yes I'd agree you do need to plan, this is the key. Also make sure you have lots of free food available to eat. Don't forget to have your syns. And keep a note of all the syns you have. Never assume something is free if you are not sure check.

Good luck, it is a way of life & it's brill:D

I find having lots of free food available is the key for me so as I can just grab something when I am hungry.

Good luck.

Yeah definitely plan and get into the frame of mind that this isn't a diet, it is a change of lifestyle to better your health, your outlook on life, your appearance and your mood. I actually love it and the more time goes on, the more happier I feel! :) xx

Back