Step 1 Sole Source + Any advice for a newbie?

Bag_Lady

Hi all :) I'm new here, currently on day 2 of ss+. Just wondered if anyone had any tips or advice for making the journey into ketosis better? Also, any 200 cal meal ideas? Thanks in advance xx

Water water and more water! If you feel hungry drink water or coffee, tea, herbal teas.

week one- 17 1/2 pounds week two- 4 1/2 lbs week three- no weigh in week four- 11 lbs week 5- 5 1/2 lbs week 6- 4 lbs

Plenty water!!

I'm SS+ and in this weather I'm just tending to have salad and protein, poached eggs and asparagus is good as well! Xx

Thanks ladies. Am drinking about 4 litres a day )Amsterdam boy does my bladder know it haha). Had a small grilled chicken breast and a handful of carrot and broccoli for dinner tonight. Am I able to use any dressings on salad? And is it just salad leaves I can have? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hey, I'm on ss+ as well :) I have a few recipes I have been using. We are ( as far as I'm aware) we are only allowed the stuff from the list of food in the step one part of the book. so no dressings and no carrots :( It was explained to me, that veg that grows underground is high in carbs. So I think, depending how sensitive you are carrots could stop ketosis.
In the ss+ part of the book it tells you what weights of each type of food you can have for your meal as well. So It would be a protine, then 80g of veg from the list.

I mix as match, leaves weigh less, so you get more of them. I normal have seasoned protein, with a mix of the veh up to the 80g. Sometimes I have half and half of two proteins, so maybe some tuna with cottage cheese and my veg allowance as a salad :)

I really would look at the list of allowed food though, the book is really helpfull. And you should have got it at the induction/ first meeting.

Thanks firelass. Cottage cheese and tuna sounds nice :) how are you finding ss+?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I forgo about cottage cheese and tuna, that's another favourite! X

Well week nine weight loss, 3lb off wooo. I have been that busy and had so many other things to think about that food has not really been on my mind.
Next week I have a planed day off to go try out a new restaurant. I will eat and eat and eat and eat lol I know I will put on that week now.

But I also know it wont be fat, it will be carbs and water retention. It will take a week for it to come off then another week for everything to stabilize again max. So I have that experience to draw on. It will set me back a bit. But I'm really really looking forward to going out with people and having fun :)

I also have my friends 30th coming up. So I will need to eat if I'm drinking and that is the week after. So it will be two weeks where i have a day of in each.
All in all, doing well :) its going ok.

I need to loose weight off my ass lol That is what I'm working on.

Back