Any advice on working shifts (including nights)

joh2605

Hi, I've been out of work since I've been healthy eating and this has been fine because I've had set meal times and time to cook healthy foods.

However I've started work again today and I'm an agency worker so the hours can be very bizzare, for example I started work this morning at 9 finished at 4pm, started work again at 6pm and I'm in work now til midnight (yes I'm on here in work), tomorrow I'm doing a 12 hour night shift, so do I eat during the day, or do I wait and only eat at night, but that means I'll be straving during the day.

Any help would be appriciated, do any of you do both days and night and what would you suggest???

Congrats on the job. I work shifts, mornings, afternoons and nights. I must admit that when I work nights I sleep all day anyway and eat during the night

I think its going to be trial and error for you, if you are awake during day and night you will need to eat throughout the day as letting yourself get hungry isnt good. Maybe smaller more frequent meals will do it. Sorry this isnt much help but as everyone deals with shift work in different ways the same is going to happen with the eating.

I know i do eat more on morning shifts cos I am awake longer, but that balances out when I work afternoons. I hope you find a way that suits you x

Back