Any advice please.

Linda5111

I can do this.
I'm going away for 1wk in october (cruising the Nile) and i really dont want to put too much weight back on after struggling to get back on track. I want to eat some food, but don't know what to go with, any ideas?

Hi Linda

Wow, a trip on the Nile - how fantastic! I've never been but would love to go. You must tell us all about it when you come back.

I don't really know much about the sort of food there but I can give you advice on how I ate while I was in Turkey recently.

I just made sure I didn't eat any obvious naughties plus i avoided anything high carb such as bread. I tried to stick to meat plus salad and then just a small amount of rice/pasta/potatoes etc. I really tried to fill myself up with the salad and water during meal times and that really helped. I also fancied something sweet so I would have a small amount of fruit - a few plums, a few grapes.

I think if you tell yourself that you are going to eat but just be very careful then you should be fine. I had made that conscious decision to eat and therefore i didn't feel as though i had cheated when i did actually eat something (if that makes sense!)

Although I only ate for the 3/4 days it actually seemed to give my metabolism a boost too and i had a really good loss the following week. (my losses had been really slow for a couple of weeks prior).

Most of all, have a fab time and enjoy yourself. You really deserve it

xx

Thanks Jodie... i will try to avoid carbs but dont know what kind of food they will serve so i suppose i'll have to wait and see. try my best not to gain too much,lol.

Hi Linda,

I've managed to stay in ketosis this week by only eating fish or chicken with salad leaves, cucumber or green veg. I should imagine any lean meat, fish, salads and veg would be ok if no rich sauces or dressings added. What you gonna do about alcohol? That's probably the killer on holiday!

That's no problem Splash... i don't drink.lol.

Well that will make life easier! Just keep glugging the water, walking round the ship and plenty of swimming....but not in the Nile! Bet you'll have a good loss that week.

Ill have a good loss if i swim in the nile.... trying to outswim the croc's. lol.

LOL, I was thinking more of the germs, forgot all about the crocs! Mind you a dose of gastro-enteritis will also give you a good loss.;) For best results swim whilst swallowing and thrash around to attract their attention. You'll come back half size!

Hi Linda

I've been facing a similar dilemma as off to Barcelona for four days at the end of September. My plan was to stick to three packs and then in the evening to keep hubby company have some fresh fish and salad. Keeping my fingers crossed it works!! Have a wonderful time on the Nile, I haven't been myself but everyone I know that has has had nothing but good things to say.

Georgie
x

I got the Mag out of the paper today sunday paper Thers some tips in that . Says -overeating for more than 12 days makes you fat , undereating for too long makes you lose muscle which burns calories when you're not active, your low calorie days must be protein filled=think fish, chicken, eggs you must exercise for at least 40 minutes, five times a week .

Thanx for the advice guy's, ill try to stick to chicken, salad and fruit.

:wow: A cruise on the nile! How lovely!

I'm away in the states for almost the whole of October & we all know how big their portion sizes are over there. I'll be taking baras with me, i plan to eat healthy as possible for brekki a bar for lunch & something healthy for dinner. I don't drink very offend so that won't cause me a problem!

Have you thought maybe to do something similar, replace one meal with a bar?!

Have a wonderful time on your hols but don't let the idea of dieting ruin your trip....xxx

Back