Any advice welcome

MaeRose

Hi there,
im a busy mummy to two, and have done slimming world 3times in the past, i know it works for me i no longer attend group as i find it difficult with work and rotational shifts i cant commit to the same weekday every week, i know your allowed 6days to take as holiday weeks but i dont want to join a group if i have to miss sessions and pay through the nose for classes im unable to attend as im at work,
i was considering going it alone at home, to be honest i actually prefer slimming world meals and since i left my last group in 2012 i still buy the mags for recipies and we still eat slimming world meals for tea as a family, i have a folder full of recipies and books from group last time,
i just dont follow it 100% for snacks etc and healthy extras,
i know the basics and still have my 2012 books
im comtemplating joining a group, and just getting some new books and get myself clued up on slimming world again so im ready to go it alone at home,, and ive read on here that the plans are changing,
does anyone know if they do anything in group if you work odd shifts and cant get to class apart from the 6days your allowed?
i really want to join again, and would prefer to go to class but id end up paying for a fair few classes i havent attended over the year. But i think i could do it alone, just need the basics again,
knowing whats free whats not, what HE are etc etc,

ive ate my own body weight in food over christmas and had a rollercoaster 2years,,, but im ready to do this again

I know there is a system in place for shift workers, but don't know exactly how it works. It might be worth ringing the consultant of the group nearest to you (you can get the number from the SW website) and asking for an explanation to see if it would fit your circumstances.

I'm a nurse on rotational shifts and if I'm working I don't pay. I give my consultant my rota every four weeks so she knows I'm not taking the mickey

Hi. Thanks i rang the consultant for one of the groups shes sounded lovely. And i mentioned shifts and she just said as long as i let her know which ones i cant make it to in advance then thats fine.
Im quite glad... and am going to attend class tonight and she mentioned the new books etc.
I thought id jump on the scales as i can feel ive put quite a bit of weights on so i had a rough estimate and didnt get the shock of my life when she weighs me tonight
: O

Back