Any advice?

jaylou said:
Why are the pomegranate seeds 3 syns? Surely they are just pomegranate seeds, or did they have sugar in?

I've just looked online and its coming out free when I type pomegranate in ?? Very strange but want to know now as I live pomegranate and sometimes buy the tubs as trying to get seeds out off a pomegranate frustrates me lol !!

Thanks so much for your help...I am realising that it is near impossible to buy anytying pre-packed or pre-prepared without synning! And also to overestimate sysns is a good idea!
Really going to work hard this week!

[h=2]I put this information into the syns calculator on sw sight and it shows 3 1/2 syns - maybe someone else could double check - apologies if its wrong but maybe its the 17g of sugar?

Asda - Pomegranate Seeds[/h]

• Servings: 100 g pack 1 g pack

Calories73Sodium0 mg
Total Fat0 gPotassium0 mg
Saturated0 gTotal Carbs17 g
Polyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber1 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars17 g
Trans0 gProtein1 g
Cholesterol0 mg
Vitamin A0%Calcium0%
Vitamin C0%Iron

The sugar is fruit sugar and the 3.5 syns is taken from the calorie content

Fruit is fruit. It's free.

All foods have a syn value in the syn calculator but if the sole ingredient is pomegranate seeds then its free.

I think to get greater success you need to steer clear of pre packaged stuff.
Could you not have taken the lasagne to work for lunch?

Planning will help you too, even if all you plan on lunches for the week, that's controlled, can you not take a Sarnie and salad/soup each day?

Oh and never avoid class because you're afraid of a gain x

Shirleen, you are SOOOO right!!!! It is all about planning....and that is the bit I feel is difficult for me.... I have just looked at the SAS daily log and the over riding feature is DID YOU PLAN tto eat it!

Anyway learnt my lesson and I am incredibly grateful to all the kind and supportive people out there for getting me inspired again!

lesleyanne said:
Shirleen, you are SOOOO right!!!! It is all about planning....and that is the bit I feel is difficult for me.... I have just looked at the SAS daily log and the over riding feature is DID YOU PLAN tto eat it!

Anyway learnt my lesson and I am incredibly grateful to all the kind and supportive people out there for getting me inspired again!

You can do it hun, it's quite enjoyable planning x

Thanks so much for your help...I am realising that it is near impossible to buy anytying pre-packed or pre-prepared without synning! And also to overestimate sysns is a good idea!
Really going to work hard this week!

I often find myself having to buy my lunch when I'm in town and it is possible, you just have to know what to avoid. It might be more expensive though. I usually get a Salad (the M&S Side Salad is enough, or worst case, a bag of it!) and some cooked meat, or hot smoked salmon, or prawns. I avoid anything with pasta in (as it might be fresh rather than dried & hence syns) & I avoid all dressings.

I might have forgotten to click the free foods :ashamed0005: sorry for any panic caused I've not bought any for the same reason I thought there were syns in doh

Texty_F said:
I might have forgotten to click the free foods :ashamed0005: sorry for any panic caused I've not bought any for the same reason I thought there were syns in doh

Bless you!! Good on you for checking but if its only fruit there's no need.

Thanks Jaylou I think for years I did WW and it was drummed into me about the pre packed stuff and the points - grrrrr lesson learnt

OK....I have worked so hard at it today! See what you think of this

Breakfast:
Coffee with milk Hex A
Poached Egg
Saute Potato
3 tomatoes
mullerlight yoghurt with 4 stawberries

Lunch:
Biltong (2 Syns)measured and calculated online
Superspeed Soup - Slimming World recipe
banana

Bite of son's omlette (1 Syn) estimated
Tea with milk HexA

Snack
Superspeed soup

Supper
2 homemade Burgers (1 SYN for a tbs Chilli Sauce divided into 8 burgers)
10 ml horseradish (2 SYNS)
Slimming World Chips
Salad
tomatoes
onions
gerkhin

250 ml Red wine (measured) (8.5 SYNS)

I teaspoon Green and Blacks Hot Chocolate in half cup of milk (1 SYN)

Feeling pleased that I have worked harder at it....hopefully it will pay off. Grateful for your comments if you think anything is amiss!

Tomorrow tripsing around London so out to lunch....will be careful!!!

It was one forkful of egg with 1 piece of bacon and a fine grating of cheese. Do you think this is more that 1 SYN?

Yes milk is my hex A (2 measures in cofee and tea) and half a cup for the hot chocolate

I have not had my HEXB today....I could go and fetch a 70 cal Alpen Bar....but would prefer not to...what do you think?

Was it done in frylight or oil? if frylight thats fine for the egg and bacon, better safe than sorry to syn the cheese as you have had your milk. If you have had no b allowance at all then id have a little something as they are there for a reason hun. What kind of milk do you use? and how many mls do u allocate?

250mls semi skimmed

I have not yet had the hot choc...so will leave it and have my HEX B rather....I am just battling to understand the reasons...but I guess I must have faith that it will all work out!

Yes the onlette would have been oil! So I will give it 2 SYNS and not have my teaspoon of hot chocolate!

Do you go through these arguments with yourself?????

Lol all the time - It will just click one day it did with me after doing WW for so many years. I still kept saying points rather than syns.

You still need your milk as well as your b choice dont substitute one for the other. You need both every day. Your a is for calcium ( your bones etc) your b is for fibre, you need a healthy balance of both. Have your chocolate as you still have the milk left from your allowance, use it up.

I don't like the layout either, I wound rather it was set out breakfast lunch dinner and snacks, although I know that doesn't suit everyone. I don't like how I could write down pasta and have had truck loads of pasta at every hour interval in the day, and also write down melon and have had just one tiny wedge in the morning. And the spaces are far too small!

Back