Any advice?

Your efforts will pay off lesleyanne - you just have to be patient and you will see results. We are all here for help and support from each other.

hmm if I were you I wouldn't have the alpen bar if you aren't hungry for it.. plus you get two of the alpen lights for a HEB :)
That said maybe you should if it's there for the fibe, just don't see the point if you aren't hungry lol

Lol difference of opinion then as I said have it, as there was no b choice at all today. I do think its a good idea to write down properly as in set out as a diary then its better to see a full day's food.

I should have done the same myself this week lol only 0.5 loss, having said that ive not really focused due to family stuff going on so 1/2 pound was a suprise

Hi there, Perhaps just to add to it, be careful not to go over your syns, I calculate that today you have had about 15 syns. I know they say between 5 - 15 but if you are struggling a little I think I would try sticking to 10 a day, or 70 in the week. I will have another look for you tomorrow as my bed is calling me now! Night night everyone :)

I think if you were to have the heb instead of some of the syns it would make sense tbh. As Holly's Nan says, you are still having 15 syns, and most consultant recommend keeping to 10 a day.

You will also loose quicker if you eat your healthy extras!

So I had the Alpen Bar! Nevertheless I cannot tell you how grateful I am for your support....this is the first time for the last 2 months that I feel like I am getting somewhere! Today we are going to Pizza express for lunch I will have the Pollo pancetta salad and remove the pancetta! I think that will be 5 SYNS. I need to plan my meal for tonight as there are always SYNS hiding everywhere! I will take some speed soup in a flask in case I feel peckish...or an Alpen Bar....because it is all the snacks that my family have that I say no to then have a bite of that use up my SYNS. A big problem with my SYNS too is that I like to have a glass of wine at night 8.5 SYNS! But it is such a treat after a long day!

I am finding this thread so much better than group! Although I know I must still go to group! Our Group leader phoned me last night to find out why I skipped htoup on Tuesday! I just could not face going as I thought I would have a gain! She is very lovely...but I am still not comfortable in group!

The salad is the best choice in there. If you ask for it without dough sticks and pancetta then you just need to syn the cheese (unless you have your healthy a spare?) I always ask for extra chicken on mine. The dressing is always on the side so you don't have to use it!

Aother good opiton when out is Nando's if you like chicken. Butterfly chicken and spicy rice, with a side salad is 6.5 syns - if you don't take the skin off the chicken - or 4.5 if you do.

Lol difference of opinion then as I said have it, as there was no b choice at all today. I do think its a good idea to write down properly as in set out as a diary then its better to see a full day's food.

I should have done the same myself this week lol only 0.5 loss, having said that ive not really focused due to family stuff going on so 1/2 pound was a suprise

Thinking about you're probably right, better to have HEB than more syns I suppose, I would probably just have them both lol! :rolleyes:

Atleast it's in the right direction!!

Hi LesleyAnne. I can't PM you as you need 50 posts to do that so I'm afraid you're getting a vey public thank you for your donation to my sponsored weight loss! Its very much appreciated :):thankyou:

If you are not confident going to group could you not do it online? you then still have the support and the tools to help you. Personally I find going to group a massive help. You say you didn't go on Tues because you "thought" you would have a gain, you don't know that and it was a guesstimate, you may have been pleasantly surprised.

I've lost count of the amount of people at my group that say " oh i wasn't going to come tonight as I thought i'd gain" they got a shock as they had either lost or sts. Even if you had gone and gained, it would have made you work much harder for next week. Your c would tell you exactly the same. She is there to help and support you. I hope everything clicks for you and that you enjoy your journey.

Put a couple of days diaries on here if you get time. Good Luck hun

OK...I have really tried hard today and have kept within 15 SYNS....trying to imagine what only 10 SYNS would feel like. I am going to stick at 15 and see what results i get next Tuesday!

BREAKFAST:
3 meatballs
4 big baby tomatoes
1 poached egg
1 banana
1 tea with skimmed milk HEX A (Changed to skim milk today!...not bad did not really notice the difference!)

Snack before going out in London - 3 meatballs and 1 banana
(left over from last night in case you are wondering!!!)

LUNCH:
Pizza Express
Pollo Salad without pancetta and asked for extra chicken and no cheese! Dressing at the side. I had half the dressing (I tbs Olive oil for HEX B)
125ml white wine 4SYNS

snack before supper - half cup superspeed soup!

SUPPER:
Chicken Breast Teriyaki (homemade chilli/garlic/ginger/light soy sauce)
Rice
Green Beans
Butternut

250ml Red Wine 8.5 SYNS

2 level teaspoons (measured Green) and blacks hot choc in cup of skimmed milk 2SYNS and HEX A

Feeling chuffed that I managed to keep within SYNS

I KNOW that wine is an issue for me
I KNOW that snacking is an issue for me

Really hoping that tomorrow will be good. Going to London again (Open Days at Uni for my daughter) Thinink of taking a packed lunch...but could do Pizza Express again!

Thanks for reading...Let me know if I have missed anything!

How did you make the meatballs? Did you use extra lean mince hun?

The wine probably isn't helping tbh. Could you drink vodka maybe? With a diet mixer its 2.5 syns per 25ml so better on the syn front than wine x

I do go to group....and know that I need to..that is my motivation and my commitment....I understand that....It is just a bit uneasy as I am a teacher and many parents of my pupils go there....and I can't always be a role moldel in my private life! So I need to sit there quietly watching everything I say!....I am still going to go! I had a very naughty week in Spain the week previously whewre I drank, ate and smoked everything in sight....hence my paranoia about a gain...I could NOT confess that in group!!!

Meatballs...or hamburger patties...my recipe!

1 very large red onion
2 eggs
soya sauce
worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
Salt and pepper
loads of fresh parsley
800gr EXTRA lean mince

mix all tog and fry gently in fry light

Makes 12 bug hamburger patties...or 8 burgers and lots of little meatballs for snacking!

The wine is an issue I know....Only ever had vodka in cocktails....Don't even think we have it in the house Will check tomorrow! I like diet ginger-ale what could I put in that that would be low SYN? I like whisky in water...I will check out the SYNS for that!

Sorry if you feel like I was having a go at you about going to the meetings lesleyanne, I can assure you that wasn't my intention. You seemed so down on yourself (probably unnecessary) about a gain. I was probably pointing out everything you knowthat you should do already. Anyway apologies again if you feel I was having a go.

In answer to your Q about the vodka - you could have diet coke, diet lemonade, - I prefer it with diet coke.

no...not at all...I just did not go to group cos I did not want to have a gain in my book! Pathetic I know!!!!!
It is all a huge learning curve for me! This is the first time ever that I feel just a little in control of my life! I have lived a very carefree life up until now...and it is all t5aking it's toll! I gave up smoking 4 years ago...put on 10KG! then I started again 2 years later....the stopped after a year and put on another 10KG...then started to exercise and ruined my knees and feet cause they could not carry my body!!!!

So now 5 years on...I smoke only socially...have not bought any in 3 years in the UK! (Smoke like a trooper when I am on foreign soil;!) I have cut down drastically on the wine...and now the food....

Finally I feel like I am starting to get things under control....

Sorry to let this all out! Can't say it in group...as I have been teaching their little darlings and always been on best behaviour!

Feel like I need to change my user name now!

Don't do that - at one time or another we will all need help and support from people in here. Sometimes the advice/support will seem harsh but it's all meant in a positive way.

It's also good to have a rant and get things off your chest, if you cant do that in group what better place to do it than minimins. It's good to hear that your thinking positive and getting yourself sorted and in control.

I too have damaged my body. Ive crushed a nerve in my foot and now got plantar fascitis due to doing Zumba 3 times a week ( I did this because of my weight problems thinking it would help me lose) - My doctor told me I had to lose as my body is like a piece of scaffolding that can't hold the weight.

I have never smoked - so well done you for cutting back drastically I can only imagine how hard that must have been.

Please dont feel like you have to change your username - we are all here for the same thing and the site is invaluable. The plan takes some getting your head around but you will enjoy it and reap the benefits with a new you.

Good Luck on your journey

lesleyanne said:
Meatballs...or hamburger patties...my recipe!

1 very large red onion
2 eggs
soya sauce
worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
Salt and pepper
loads of fresh parsley
800gr EXTRA lean mince

mix all tog and fry gently in fry light

Makes 12 bug hamburger patties...or 8 burgers and lots of little meatballs for snacking!

The wine is an issue I know....Only ever had vodka in cocktails....Don't even think we have it in the house Will check tomorrow! I like diet ginger-ale what could I put in that that would be low SYN? I like whisky in water...I will check out the SYNS for that!

I love vodka and diet ginger ale with a wedge of lime (Moscow mule) it's my drink of choice when I find a pub with 'slimline' canada dry! X

Back