Any advise for when you are VERY tired?

Also thanks mellymel will try rice pudding in pits thing. I bought some mugshotz and was amazed by how filling they are! Can't believe most of them are free :)

Another life saver for me are the uncle bens rice pouches, 2 mins in microwave and done, can have with tin of asdas chick pea dahl(syn free)

New said:
Oooo - how do you make the rice pudding? I looooooove rice pudding and miss it!

I soak from pudding rice in boiling water for about 30mins , just enough water to cover. Then I top up with semi skimmed milk, two desert spoonfuls of sweetener and some nutmeg and put in oven. Keep checking every 15 mins and add more milk when needed until rice is soft . Then when done I divide it into individual pots and put in fridge for when needed. You can eat it hot or cold and it's very filling and if you use the milk as HE its Syn free

Thanks Kitty75 I'm writing this on my shopping list! Is all the flavours of rice free? Didn't know they do ready made chickpea Dahl , love Dahl so that's great :) really finding SW is about managing ups n downs and different situations and anticipating patterns, this threads helping me so much.

Thanks Kitty75 I'm writing this on my shopping list! Is all the flavours of rice free? Didn't know they do ready made chickpea Dahl , love Dahl so that's great :) really finding SW is about managing ups n downs and different situations and anticipating patterns, this threads helping me so much.

http://www.minimins.com/syn-values/139102-uncle-bens-express-rice-syns-help.html

Have a look at this link, they not free but its quite low syns for the amount of rice and together with the dahl... a big portion and if in doubt add some veggies/salad to get you superfree.
If that doesnt fill you up, get a few frozen berries, thaw in mic for a bit, add a chopped banana and top with a 30g choccy philly (4 syns)-so yummy and tastes so naughty
Hope this helps, will keep thinking of more things
:)

The frozen jacket potatoes are really good! They obvs arnt as good as the real thing and they are i think 1 or 1/2 a syn each as have a drizzle of olive oil on them but for a quick, mess free meal they are fab!! I drown mine in beans or tuna!! Even my super fussy otherhalf says they are a good quick fix!! :D

Really quick and tasty one, Scrambled egg or an omelette. I whack loads in, chives, cold meat, god anything thats free. I always pop in cheese as HE, Love it, really filling

:thankyou: You lot are BRILLIANT!! thank you, I've written every suggestion down for next weeks shopping list. I hadn't even heard of frozen jacket potatoes! brilliant! I'm going to properly plan ahead for 'crashes' as it were by buying these time savers and prepare ahead when I have energy. One thing on my list is a decent size fridge freezer, only have a tiny one at the moment but it looks like I really need to get a better one to store alot of these things and any meal I make I'll make for more than 1 portion and freeze ahead.

CharlieH88 said:
The frozen jacket potatoes are really good! They obvs arnt as good as the real thing and they are i think 1 or 1/2 a syn each as have a drizzle of olive oil on them but for a quick, mess free meal they are fab!! I drown mine in beans or tuna!! Even my super fussy otherhalf says they are a good quick fix!! :D

I cook a few and then just let cool down, wrap in tin foil and then just heat up in microwave when I need them. Syn free and better than the frozen ones I think .

mellymelz said:
I cook a few and then just let cool down, wrap in tin foil and then just heat up in microwave when I need them. Syn free and better than the frozen ones I think .

I do this too, can always fit in a jckt potato of some sort.

What about the pasta and sauce packets? They do loads of different flavours and their good as a store cupboard ingredient. You can add additional veg or meats to the m and top them with cheese (hea).

Back