Any April 2015 starters?

Hi Becky, welcome! How is it going?

I am having a hard week this week... lacking motivation and plagued by daydreams about food... Managed to stay 100% so far but keep having naught thoughts about "maybe you could just do WS".. "a little meat and veg won't hurt"... which I know would just turn into a little more, then a lot more and then off the wagon altogether. Once off the wagon I can't see me getting back on either!

I wonder if it's hard because I am exercising most days now? Only for 20 minutes but perhaps its 20 minutes too much right now?

Hope everyone else is doing better x

I am having a hard week this week... lacking motivation and plagued by daydreams about food... Managed to stay 100% so far but keep having naught thoughts about "maybe you could just do WS".. "a little meat and veg won't hurt"... which I know would just turn into a little more, then a lot more and then off the wagon altogether. Once off the wagon I can't see me getting back on either!

I wonder if it's hard because I am exercising most days now? Only for 20 minutes but perhaps its 20 minutes too much right now?

Hi Vicky I'm having exactly the same problem this week. If I remember correctly I'm about a day behind you? It's day 17 for me today. I'm finding it so difficult not to binge on normal food this week and thinking back.. the last time I did Exante I caved at the three week mark so maybe it's like a 3 week wall we've got to get over?

Thanks Becca... yes, I am on day 18 today. I didn't even realise that until you said you were day 17... I thought I can't possibly be that far in!

It's good to know I'm not alone though sorry you're suffering too. Your first affirmation in your signature helped me though... WE CAN DO THIS!!! No giving up now, not when we have come so far! Head down, heels dug in... carry on!

Thanks Becca... yes, I am on day 18 today. I didn't even realise that until you said you were day 17... I thought I can't possibly be that far in!

It's good to know I'm not alone though sorry you're suffering too. Your first affirmation in your signature helped me though... WE CAN DO THIS!!! No giving up now, not when we have come so far! Head down, heels dug in... carry on!

Haha sometimes I feel like that and other times it feels like it's been so much longer :p
I'm so glad my affirmation statement helped you! That's why I put them there to help others as much as myself. I usually find if I can make it til 9pm I can tick off the day but before that I'm still at risk of eating something because it's the afternoons and evenings I find hard.

Can I join you guys? Day 1 today. Read this thread and you are such an inspiration to me! I've got to do this, I'm at my heaviest and so unhappy.
Lets get this party started with my first strawberry shake!!!

Dont give in ladies i did cambridge for 8 weeks solid, hard at times but i did it and lost 36lb and was so happy afterwoods iv learnt from my mistake now now thinking i could eat anything turned into eating everything i saw and paying the price of a 5stone gain so this time i know i can do it and keep going for my holiday. Im on day 9 now and finding it easyish hard at times but i wont let anything get in my way now im focused on my sun lounger by the pool and not being a fat mummy, embarrassed every time i stand up to get in the pool with my daughter this year i will not be an embarrassed whale on my sun lounger!!! Weighed my self yesterday after 7 full days and iv lost 11lb it spurred me on so much to keep going!! Im actually looking forward to sitting comfortably on the plane without thinking about the poor person sat next to a fatty!! KEEP GOING LADIES....18 weeks (for me) out of my whole life is nothing xxxx

Can I join you guys? Day 1 today. Read this thread and you are such an inspiration to me! I've got to do this, I'm at my heaviest and so unhappy.
Lets get this party started with my first strawberry shake!!!

Good luck....its easy when you put your goals to mind xx

Welcome becky and boofaloo :)

First few days are the hardest so don't feel like this diet is as hard as it first feels! I'm on day 14 now, doing TS about 75% of the time and the odd low carb day here and there. Lost 10 pounds, 36 to go, really happy and focussed! If you need motivation read through some of the diaries, there's some amazing success stories on here. Good luck xx

Aww thanks SB! I'll be shouting loads next week when I've lost a stone - fingers crossed!!!!! It's a day early, and also on my home scales which can be slightly in reliable if they're not on a flat bit. I weighed over 10 times though in different parts of the room ;) and it said 12.7 or 12.8 each time, so went with 12.8 as 10 lbs gone :D x

Dont give in ladies i did cambridge for 8 weeks solid, hard at times but i did it and lost 36lb and was so happy afterwoods iv learnt from my mistake now now thinking i could eat anything turned into eating everything i saw and paying the price of a 5stone gain so this time i know i can do it and keep going for my holiday. Im on day 9 now and finding it easyish hard at times but i wont let anything get in my way now im focused on my sun lounger by the pool and not being a fat mummy, embarrassed every time i stand up to get in the pool with my daughter this year i will not be an embarrassed whale on my sun lounger!!! Weighed my self yesterday after 7 full days and iv lost 11lb it spurred me on so much to keep going!! Im actually looking forward to sitting comfortably on the plane without thinking about the poor person sat next to a fatty!! KEEP GOING LADIES....18 weeks (for me) out of my whole life is nothing xxxx

These are my motivations too! When I was on holiday last year I said I'd never go on holiday again until I lost weight. Forgot all about that after a few months, and booked a holiday for the start of April. Had a great time, but was terrified all the way to the airport that the seatbelt wouldn't fit, and that I'd be squishing the person next to me. :eek: In the end I didn't need a seat-belt extender, and had a window seat with my OH sat next to me, so the flight was fine, but walking about in my shorts/dresses I got a sweat rash and ended up wearing trousers and just feeling rubbish about myself, so will stick to my promise of never going on holiday again until I'm slim. I've a holiday booked for October, so that is what's keeping me going! I've found some nice pictures of outfits I want to wear while I'm there, and go and have a look at them when I'm struggling! :D Today is Day 10 of 100% TS and although I was disappointed to 'only' lose 7lbs in my first week, I lost 5" off my waist and my clothes are feeling too big! Since my WI on Tuesday I've lost another 3 lbs, so it's all good! :D

Well done on all the losses so far everyone, and good luck for your next weigh ins! :) xx

Sunshine is the best motivator !!! :) x

Hey Vicky,

Oh how well I know that little voice of sabotage! You've lost an amazing amount of weight with LL before, and you can do it again.

I've only ever managed to stick to a vlcd for 22 days before and I remember the cravings are the hardest thing to deal with.
Right now I have that really good feeling that you get when ketosis first kicks in, but I know that at some point I'm going to have to deal with the cravings. I'm picturing myself "on parole" now I've started the diet. If I go off it, I'll be back in my self-imposed prison that has stopped me doing so many things over the years.
Stay strong - we can do this!

Well done with the exercise btw. I want to start swimming next week. What exercise are you doing?

Have a great day x

Well done on the ace losses...I think finding inspiration and motivation is so so so important. Does anyone do *********?? I love pinning nice outfits, quotes etc. I can definitely recommend it for a motivation boost.

I'm a bridesmaid for my friend in September...there are 3 adults and i'm by far the biggest, that is huge motivation to lose weight, that and the fact my dress a size 18 doesn't zip up!!!

Day 2 today done...I cant imagine getting to day 22!! lol Im taking it one day at a time but man I have so much respect for you all!!

hmmm not sure why its starred it out...its not rude!! lol just the name of a web site!

Hehe was it pin t rest ? By any chance haha? Defo good to keep yourself motivated somehow ! June is my biggest motivation at the moment. I have Ibiza, wedding and then a formal event to go to. All things where I want to look nice! 4 weeks to go :) x

I was on hoogle images last night i typed in thinspiration before and after pictures....really motivated me!!! I cant wait to be slim(er) xxx

There's some amazing stories on the exante face b book group - if I'm allowed to post that! :) x

Hello ladies!

How are we all doing?

Have managed to continue to stick it 100% but motivation is slipping and slipping! Weight loss before and after pics is a great idea, some inspiration might keep me going! In good news, a sneaky peek at the scales shows a little bit of loss this week, but only 1 lb... still better than the nothing that was on the scales yesterday! x

Still plodding on for me....hunger not so bad now. Paracetamol has helped the shivers. How do you know when youre in ketosis??

Back