Any bride-t-be's get to be beautiful in May 2012?

xnickyfitchx

♥ Bride - to - be ♥
Hey ladies.

I am getting married in May, 2012 - I am wondering if any one else is?

Hi!

I am getting married in May 2012 too! I'm super excited but I've banned myself from trying on a singles dress until I've lost 2 stone...I do like looking though :D

How are your plans going?

Bx

Uh I might just pinch that idea if you don't mind :) 2 stone is an achievable goal. I was planning on starting to look at dresses in April, so can I loose 2 stone by april?? We will find out :)

My plans haven't really started, although we do have our venue booked. We are having the whole day in one location. Oh I am going to have a big white wedding :D

How are your wedding plans going??

Pinch away! I adore looking at the dresses though!
We originally planned to get married abroad but have settled on doing everything in one location here to, I'm going for a vintage/ Alice in Wonderland inspiration for our day...And I'm making my own cake :eek:

I know it sound's terribly naive but I did not realise how much planning goes into a wedding, I'm a total control freak so signing over to a wedding planner isn't something I could do!

Wow - making your own wedding cake - that is pretty cool :)

We have got a wedding planner (she comes with the venue lol) but I'm not quite sure on what she does / how much she does. I am greatful to have one, although I also have a sister-in-law-to-be who is doing events management in Uni ... So I think I am pretty sorted for help hehe. My job at the minute is to book a registrar!! Will think of more things to do once I have done that.

That sounds like a really nice theme :) We are having a spring/nature theme as we both enjoy being outside and birdwatching and looking at nature.

Utternutter - I like your name ;) How are your wedding plans going chick?

♥ I am getting so excited now - I am waiting for the registrar to phone me back so that I can try and book *her* for our wedding :) I also rang the venue to find out what times they thought were best for the service, and 2pm is best for them, though they can also do 12pm and 4pm. Think we are going to go for the 2pm time ♥

Oh Nicky thats fab! How exciting!

I'm stuck between having my first choice venue or first choice date. Going to have another look at the choice 2 venue that is available for first choice date so hopefully I'll have the venue decided by Monday :D

I think spring/nature is a lovely theme and fingers crossed we'll have a really lovely May next year!

What is your first choice date ? I hope that you are able to book this second choice venue ... Will you be just as happy with the venue as you would the first choice do you think??

I am just waiting for the registrar to phone me back. She is probably on her lunch break now. They can do 12pm or 4pm on our wedding day, so we are going for the 12pm slot ♥ My OH needs to get his divorce papers so that is a job I can nag him into doing ...

I think I am going to start a wedding diary on here so that I can do checklists and can access them from any where then :)

Last edited:
First choice date is 25th May, I have a lot of family from the north of England who will be travelling down and thought if I could get the bank holiday weekend they can make a trip of their time in London!

Venue 1 needs almost no decoration as it fits in perfectly what the atmosphere I want to create whereas Venue 2 will need quite a bit more doing to it to get the "look" I'm going for.

Brilliant news about getting the time you wanted!

Bx

Such a good idea for your fa mily having a bank holiday wedding. :) I will reply more later as I am on my phone and my tea is ready x

You may find that you have fun decorating the venue - although at the same time, the thought of not having to decorate a venue that muck also sounds kinda good.

I can't wait to start sorting my decorations out - though It all seems so daunting!! But, have the "important" things to sort and book first :)

♥ Look what I bought yesterday ♥

49620-albums2964-picture17607.jpg

49620-albums2964-picture17606.jpg

49620-albums2964-picture17605.jpg

Ranty! Sorry

After having a second look around venue two, I am torn. I get a giddy, butterflies feeling about venue one and I can picture us getting married there and as nice as venue two is my first thought was "Well if it rains we're pretty much *@~#ed!" though it is available for first choice date. It is a nice venue and h2b likes it better, so the idea is to look at a couple more this weekend and have another look at both choice 1 & 2. So thats 5 venues to look at this weekend plus we're seeing a play on Friday night and Russell Howard at the O2 Saturday night...I will need to have the will power of a saint not to give in to convenience food so doing lots of dinners tonight to shove in the freezer! Times like this I could use a great big bag of malteasers!:sigh:

Hope everyone elses plans are running MUCH smoother than mine lol

Oh wow! That is a busy weekend and a half!! What a pain that you are still in the dilemma of which venue to choose. Looking at a few others sounds like a good plan. You will either find one that you fall in love with, or you will realize which venue out of the two that you really! really! really! want to get married in ♥

I ♥ Russel Howard though I have never thought about seeing him live. I know a couple of people going to see him and it is getting me thinking about going. He is funny!!

Back