Any CDC know....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gen, 18 October 2006 Social URL.

1. Gen

Gen Normal

if you can take the antibiotic Flagyl while ss'ing?? it is for a bacteria infection. i have looked it up and ya don't have to take them with food

anyone know?? if not sure i'll just buzz cambridge i suppose!!!

Gen xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Slim at heart

Slim at heart Skinny girls r 4 wimps!!

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    19st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(10.89%)
    Diet:
    Slimpod, Low GL, Healthy eating
    Hi Gen,

Don't have a clue I'm afraid but hope you are alright?
    Nothing serious??

Take care,
    Anna XXX

4. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

I'm not sure about that particular antibiotic, hun but I do know that last winter, when I was SSing and got a chest infection, that two docs that I saw told me it was fine to take two different antibiotics (erm amoxycillin and erythromicin (sp??).

If you're worried, check it out with your GP or CD! Hope you feel better soon, babes!!

5. Gen

Gen Normal

hey thanks guys, i'm grand, well at least i think i am hee hee nothing to worry about at all!

might just check with CD anyways just in case.

thanks

Gen xx

6. Ivy

Ivy Silver Member

Right i have lived on these babies before - and heres the low down.

Flagyl (metronidazole) is an exceptionally strong antibiotic and there are loads of things you cannot do whilst taking it (alcohol is a NO NO)

And you also need regular bowel movements whilst taking Flagyl and you may not have this on a VLCD.

ALSO, because this med is for anaerobic bacterial infections (infections that grow without the presence of oxygen)...it can be incredibly hard on the stomach lining - cramps, loss of appetite, vomiting etc etc

Remember Flagyl may make you feel fierce sick, especially if you take it on an empty stomach

Overall, Flagyl is best taken with food (and hour actually after eating).

I aint a doctor tho' but i do like to read up on any medications that are out there...

Ivy

7. Gen

Gen Normal

hey honey

thanks for that reply really helped me... i'm gonna ease my way into ss'ing next week and take the antibiotics at the same time... perfect solution!!

chat to ya soon

Gen xx

8. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(9.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Gen,

I hope you have a good weekend and that the steps back into SSing are working for you.

Love Mini xxx

9. Gen

Gen Normal

hey honey

i'm just about to put up a brand new thread for me.... so i'll be all set for monday starting off!!!

thanks for the steps they just came at the right time

love

Gen xx

10. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(9.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    New start and a new thread soemtimes does help and I have done this myself when I wanted to let the other go and move on.

The steps worked so well for me and that is why I recommend them and Sassy found the same.

Look at her now:D

Love Mini xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.