Any CDC know....

Gen

Normal
if you can take the antibiotic Flagyl while ss'ing?? it is for a bacteria infection. i have looked it up and ya don't have to take them with food

anyone know?? if not sure i'll just buzz cambridge i suppose!!!

Gen xx

Hi Gen,

Don't have a clue I'm afraid but hope you are alright?
Nothing serious??

Take care,
Anna XXX

I'm not sure about that particular antibiotic, hun but I do know that last winter, when I was SSing and got a chest infection, that two docs that I saw told me it was fine to take two different antibiotics (erm amoxycillin and erythromicin (sp??).

If you're worried, check it out with your GP or CD! Hope you feel better soon, babes!!

hey thanks guys, i'm grand, well at least i think i am hee hee nothing to worry about at all!

might just check with CD anyways just in case.

thanks

Gen xx

Right i have lived on these babies before - and heres the low down.

Flagyl (metronidazole) is an exceptionally strong antibiotic and there are loads of things you cannot do whilst taking it (alcohol is a NO NO)

And you also need regular bowel movements whilst taking Flagyl and you may not have this on a VLCD.

ALSO, because this med is for anaerobic bacterial infections (infections that grow without the presence of oxygen)...it can be incredibly hard on the stomach lining - cramps, loss of appetite, vomiting etc etc

Remember Flagyl may make you feel fierce sick, especially if you take it on an empty stomach

Overall, Flagyl is best taken with food (and hour actually after eating).

I aint a doctor tho' but i do like to read up on any medications that are out there...

Ivy

Right i have lived on these babies before - and heres the low down.

Flagyl (metronidazole) is an exceptionally strong antibiotic and there are loads of things you cannot do whilst taking it (alcohol is a NO NO)

And you also need regular bowel movements whilst taking Flagyl and you may not have this on a VLCD.

ALSO, because this med is for anaerobic bacterial infections (infections that grow without the presence of oxygen)...it can be incredibly hard on the stomach lining - cramps, loss of appetite, vomiting etc etc

Remember Flagyl may make you feel fierce sick, especially if you take it on an empty stomach

Overall, Flagyl is best taken with food (and hour actually after eating).

I aint a doctor tho' but i do like to read up on any medications that are out there...

Ivy

hey honey

thanks for that reply really helped me... i'm gonna ease my way into ss'ing next week and take the antibiotics at the same time... perfect solution!!

chat to ya soon

Gen xx

Hi Gen,

I hope you have a good weekend and that the steps back into SSing are working for you.

Love Mini xxx

Hi Gen,

I hope you have a good weekend and that the steps back into SSing are working for you.

Love Mini xxx

hey honey

i'm just about to put up a brand new thread for me.... so i'll be all set for monday starting off!!!

thanks for the steps they just came at the right time

love

Gen xx

New start and a new thread soemtimes does help and I have done this myself when I wanted to let the other go and move on.

The steps worked so well for me and that is why I recommend them and Sassy found the same.

Look at her now:D

Love Mini xxx

Back