Any CDCs around please

cddietgal

Hiya
I posted earlier on and although i got a couple of replies(thanks girls) I wondered if a CDC could answer my question.
Basically I have had to get some penicillin anti-biotic today for a sceptic throat infection.I have 7 days worth at 4 tablets a day.They are to be taken 30mins before food.
Am I OK to SS still and use my packs as food?
I think my CDC is away this week so can't her and I have phoned the help line but they have closed now
Thanks alot CDG x

SORRY TO HI JACK :)

i am taking fluxacillin 250mg 4 times daily for 2 weeks.. am i ok with these? i dont feel hungry (only emotionally) ...

Hiya,They are called Phenoxymethyl penicillin Tablets 250mg
Thanks cdg x

Hiya,They are called Phenoxymethyl penicillin Tablets 250mg
Thanks cdg x

Again can't find them listed.

Does your GP who prescribed them know you are on CD SS???

What I would suggest is to have a light AAM/810 type meal of cottage cheese/chicken/tuna and either salad or cauliflower/broccoli half an hour before taking anti biotics, and then contact Cambridge headquarters in the morning to check.

You should be fine - but it is better to check. If you were on anti-biotics long term and filled your medical form in saying that we would require your Doctors permission.

thanks so much for your help x

I think she means flucloxacillin (I think thats how you spell it!!)

Still not on our list! Would suggest same advice.

The only ones to really be careful of are the Tetracyclines - which should be taken at least an hour before a shake/soup as the milk interferes with the medicine.

Back