Any celebs?

Hi Daisy
My grandma (on my dads side) was a twin and so was her grandma - went through 5 generations but they have always been girls. Im the first in 6 generations to have boys.
I expected to be told I was having twins when I was carrying my daughter so didn't expect it the sencond time round! Still I wouldn't swap them for anything even though they drive me crazeeeee!

xx

Coleen is saying she did it on Rosemary Conelly's low GI diet...but I remember her saying at the start she was using meal replacement shakes. I guess she may have done both.

I think she says whatever is current for her endorsements! They get paid by these company to say they use it!!

Did anyone see Fern Britton in the papers this weekend? She is looking fantastic. She says she's lost her weight through diet and exercise. I don't know though, its been quite quick for her and I wouldn't be surprised if she's been on a VLCD!

think she did some kind of trek on a bike which she had to train for. :)

Whatever she did she is looking so much better for it. I like her, she's quite down to earth. She says her weight took a back seat due to her career and her children, I'm sure so many of us could relate to that!

I agree hun - from what you see she seems quite normal!!!

Hi you're right Coleen did both... lost most of the weight on a VLCD then did the other to lose the rest. I also hear Anthony Worrel Thompson is on LL :D

tough for a chef to be on tfr!!!

p.s did you hear Alison from BB got busted! She has finally admitted she had a gastric band fitted.

Also Fern Britton has just admitted to having gastric band fitted two years ago. Good for her I think as she looks really healthy at the moment however I just wish she'd said she'd had this procedure earlier. I think that when Fern said she lost weight by eating a healthy diet & exercise it was misleading, I understand that there are pressures & people view this kind of procedure as cheating (which is daft as weight loss is weight loss) but it would have been more helpful if she'd said she done this as it her high profile highlights how hard it is to lose weight & that sometimes different routes are required to get you to a healthy weight. I tried healthy eating b4 CD & found it really hard going, I really needed a kick start & I chose CD but I wold imagine people go for gastric band for the same sort of reasons.

There was a report in something like Heat magazine :eek:Ahem:eek: that named Cambridge as the weight loss fad amongst the WAGS.

I remember mentioning it to my CDC saying, she'd be getting lots of phone calls after such an advert:D

I'm not sure which one though - I mean they wouldn't have a BMI of 25 if you added the lot of 'em together:eek::D;)

yeah i was quite disappointed to hear about Fern. Not the way she did it as i believe do whatever u want to get there as long as its healthy...just about the way she lied/hid it! Im a big fan of hers but she has gone down a lot in my estimation for lying about excercising and eating healthy and nothing else. Would have liked her more for having the guts to say it in the first place!
x

I hadnt heard about Fern. I am the same as Lisa, my respect for her losing the weight has gone down now. Not because of the band, whatever is best for the individual, but because she hid the truth. Its a shame that she felt she had to do that route too, as being married to a chef , whilst being tough, could have have been such a bonus as far as creating healthy meals goes!

I dont judge her, I've lied and hid the fact that I am doing CD to people outside my family. Its none of their business is how I see it.

And Gastric banding comes in for so much negative comments, I'm sure its just easier to lie than having people criticise you when you are struggling to lose weight.

Don't judge these people many of us on here lie about CD! Why should they tell the truth just because they are "celebrities". And just because you've had a gastric band doesn't make it any easier - healthy eating and exercise is a big part of it too. It isn't an easy option - just like CD isn't an easy option. Give them a break.

I don't think for a minute that it was easy to do or an easy decision for her to make and she is fully entitled to keep secrets and not tell any1 about it as its her own business by then why go and sell ur story to magazines claiming u did it through healthy eating and excercise?? im a big fan of hers as i said and im not judging her bcoz she chose to keep it a secret but bcoz she sold her story on the basis of a lie.

Back