Any celebs?

Did anyone see Fern Britton in the papers this weekend? She is looking fantastic. She says she's lost her weight through diet and exercise. I don't know though, its been quite quick for her and I wouldn't be surprised if she's been on a VLCD!
... Did anyone see it was a gastric band... pitty she wasnt honest but at the same time it is her life...

YOU MADE ME THINK..

Your right ... I have lied...or just not told people what i am doing - so imagine how bloody hard it must be for Fern... being in the public eye all the time. hard very very hard... we can tell little lies about what we are doing and think ..well why should i explain my self .. i think Fern has the same rights.. so I take it back .. its not a shame she lied... it probably perfectly normal...

I think the difference is shes said (or certainly implied) that she lost her weight through diet and healthy eating. Shes now seen as a role model for so many people and there are probably loads of people trying to achieve the same amazing results as her. Its just a shame she wasnt more honest, Im sure noone would have critisied her at the time and it might have removed some of the negativity and stigma that seems to go with gastric bands. It might have been nice for her to use the opportunity to encourage people to consider it as an option.

Didn't Colleen Nolan lose lots of weight on a vlcd???

I remember her saying she had lost 2 stone in 6 weeks thanks to a 3 shakes a day diet. Could be either LL or CD?

xx

I remember that too. However she's now attributing her success to Rosemary Conley. :cool:

but so many people on here are not owning up to being on a vlcd. We seem to be able to empathise/understand why they don't, so why not understand why Fern made a decision (which is her decision to make much like it is ours to do a vlcd!!!) not to own up to having a gastric band.

I don't mention it to folks at work because it's none of their business.

If my friends ask me how I tell them.

Fern not only lied she went on the record as having lied - which is a shame. That said, gastric bands are not easy, ask Sharon Osborne. I'm sick of the stigma attached to diets. :mad:

We suffer abuse, prejudice and criticism from everyone (even strangers) because we're fat.
The minute we start doing something about it in our own way "We suffer abuse, prejudice and criticism from everyone (even strangers) " :mad: We just can't win.

It really is NO ONE'S business how Fern chooses to lose weight ... however I just wish she'd not become some spokeswoman for cycling and healthy eating, instead just politely told people to mind their own business. :)

It is easier to lie and have people go away than tell them to mind their own business, because that just makes them curious and intent on finding out especially if you are in the public eye.

I can totally understand why she did what she did, and maybe she was also cycling. I've done it with people I work with, its just easier to say I've been healthy and exercising rather than tell them to sod off and mind their own business and bring attention on myself.

I agree I dont think its anyone elses business how any of us choose to lose weight. But I dont think they should blatently lie about how they did it :)

Did Fern actually deny getting it done? Or did she just not mention it? I have been scouring the magazines for the last while trying to find out what wonder diet she did and couldn't understand why there wasn't an article about how she did it. Or did i just miss it? Was she ever personally interviewed about what diet she was doing? Some times (!!:rolleyes:) the press makes up there own version of events - I think she has just tried to keep it as her own business!!;) But then again i have been known to be wrong (occasionally:D)

BUT Fern Britton has actually been doing alot of exercise (bike riding treks) too so she wasnt really lying... just not telling 'us' everything.

she has this right just as we do.

oops should've read all the replies first...

Back