Any diabetics on SW?

halftheworldaway

I apologise if there is already a thread about this but I wondered if there were any other diabetics out there on the SW plan at the moment?

Thought it would be good to have a thread where those with diabetes could talk about the condition alongside with the following of the plan :)

I've been a type 1 diabetic for almost 9 years now (since I was 10) and I've never had brilliant control and the further I get into my teen years I don't appear to be getting any better at managing my condition. I think it's about time I took more control and am hoping Slimming World helps me with this :)

We have a lady in our group who was insulin dependent but by the time she got to target she no longer needed it. She has now been at target for 7 years. So it looks as though SW is good for those with diabetes.

I have an underactive thyroid but since getting to target I've been having trouble staying around target and my GP has just sent me for a blood test and she thinks it's quite likely that my dosage needs reducing or I may not even need it at all. Just waiting for results at the mo.

Denise

Wow, that is good! I can only hope I improve my diabetes through it.

I also have an underactive thyroid - when I did SW when I was 16 I was barely losing 1/2lb a week and that's when my underactive thyroid got diagnosed.

I hope you get it all sorted though!

Did you find losing weight helped your conditions slickers?

only made a slight difference my insulin doses went down slightly and my cholesterol level improved a lot, i guess because i only wanted to lose 2 stone but i was at top range of weight for my height but i preferred to be at lower end. see your from Bath to?

ah ok that's still good though :) yes I'm from just outside Bath

Back