Any Fish recipes?

Miss helpme

Hi all

I want to start eating a lot more fish but I dont really know any good fish dishes or recipes! So I am now asking does anyone have any good fish dishes they make and also how they make them?? Any help would be good!

Thanks for any help you can give me :)

We like baked fish like haddock or cod. Spray foil with frylight, plonk fish on, a bit of seasoning, wrap up and just cook in the oven.

Is past my bed-time now, will try to post some tomorrow

Fish as promised!

Cod with lime

Serves 4
free on red/ee

4 cod (or other white fish) steaks
2 tblsp parsley
quarter tsp ground ginger
6 tblsp lime juice
4 heaped tblsp diced onion
quarter tsp cayenne pepper
lime slices
salt

Put fish in an oven dish
Mix all the other ingrediants together, pour over fish and leave in fridge to marinade for 2 hours.
Pre-heat oven to 180c and cook fish for 25 mins
Garnish with the lime slices and serve with the cooking juices poured over

Quick crab pate

Free on red/ee

8 crab sticks, diced
4.5 oz tin mackerel in tomato sauce
2 round tblsp fat free from frais
1 tsp lemon juice
pepper

mix all ingrediants together until the required smoothness, chill in fridge for 1 hour

Asparagus Delight

free on red/ee

6oz peeled shrimp
small tin asparagus spears, drained
2 tsp lemon juice
6oz free cottage cheese
2 hard boiled eggs, mashed

Chop half the asparagus and mix with the egg
Mix together the juice, shrimp and cottage cheese.
Cover base of a dish with the egg mix, then spread on the cheese mix, then arrange asparagus on top.
Heat gently under grill until top is golden

Tuna quiche

free on red/ee

4 eggs, beaten
1 onion, diced
1 tomato, sliced
1 tin tuna, well drained
3 rashers bacon, chopped
2 mushrooms, sliced

Fry the onion and bacon until onion is soft.
Put into the bottom of flan tin.
Flake the tuna and add to dish.
Pour over the eggs and arrange the mushrooms and tomato on top.
Cook in 190c oven for 30 mins

Mmmmmm thanks all for those lovely sounding recipes... I will try some of those over the next few weeks and tell you what I think of them!!

Im really looking forward to eating more nice fish dishes and loosing more weight :)

Im having prawn fishcakes this week
serves 4
1/2 bunch spring onions
1 garlic clove finely chopped
1 red chilli deseeded and finely chopped
large handful of corriander, chopped
400g frozen raw king prawns, defrosted ( on offer in Tesco atm BOGOF 250g £5)
1 tbsp cornflour
1 egg
fry light

Stirfry veggies of your choice
noodles

Method
1) place spring onions, garlic, chilli, corriander in food processor and blitz, add prawns, cornflour and egg and blitz again. place in fridge for 20 mins
2) Shape into 24 cakes and in batches fry in fry light until golden brown and cooked, keep warm on plate untill all done.

serve with stir fry

1syn all plans ( use HEB for prawns on a green day)
Noodles will have to be synned on RED day

Thanks Honey for the recipe for prawn fishcakes that sounds really nice.... think I am going to have to try that one too :)

I love baking fish with an assortment of herbs, spices and veg!

Prime cod loins are lovely baked in foil with some lemon, black pepper and parsley! Serve with syn free chips and you've got yummy, SW friendly fish and chips!

Salmon goes wonderfully baked with lemon, pepper and dill! I'd have this with mash! :)

Tuna, prawns or salmon are excellent in stir fries! I always cook the tuna in soy sauce and balsamic vinegar then add all your veg & noodles.

Monkfish or cod loins wrapped in bacon or parma ham, served with cous cous cooked with peppers!

Trout is one of my favourite fish, it's like salmon but less heavy. I love it just on its own but you can do all sorts with it :)

Whole mackerel cooked with garlic and rosemary is nice too, again I'd have this with cous cous.

Trying to think of what else I like! I work on a meat & fish counter, so if you have any questions about fish let me know :) I'll try my best to help!

Ooh! Cod baked in foil but with a fresh tomato salsa on top is delicious! You can use fresh or tinned tomatoes, add any veg you want, spread it all over the top and bake... YUM.

I have been looking for some good fish recipes too. I have looked online, but some are so extensive. I like fast and easy. The recipes posted seem easier then what I have seen on the Internet. I'll let you know when I try one! The cod with salsa sounds awesome!

I went and bought some cod last night so im going to try the cod with lime tonight... I will let you know what I think of it. Im also going to try some of the other fish dishes posted on here! Thanks all for all the recipes they all sound lovely :)

Fast Easy Tasty Fish dish

Being very slow to convert to fish, I came across this recipe and adapted it to SW style and it was amazing :D Apologies if I haven't synned it correctly. Serves 4

4 x 150g fillets of fish – hake, haddock, pollock or whiting, skinned and boned
2 ripe tomatoes
100g low fat cheddar cheese [2.5 HEXa total]
4 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
4 tablesp. Helmans Xtra light mayo [2 Syns total]
Frylight, for greasing
Salt and freshly-ground black pepper

Cut the tomatoes in half and remove the seeds, then finely dice the flesh and place in a bowl. Finely dice the cheese and add to the bowl with the spring onions, then just bind with the mayonnaise. Season to taste.

Preheat the grill to high. Arrange the fish on a greased baking sheet and season lightly, then grill for 4-6 minutes until almost tender. The timing will depend on the thickness of the fillet.

Quickly spread the mayonnaise mixture on top and flash under the grill for another 2 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and golden.

I served mine with baby spuds and green beans.

Hi there um going to do a fish week this week if I can!!! Not a huge fan hahaha any nice lunch or dinner recipes would be hugely appreciated 

Hi,

I love to bake salmon with maggi sauce - really quick and easy!

Just cover the raw, skinned salmon with maggi sauce, place on fry-lite'd baking tray and put in v. hot oven (can't tell you exactly what heat I am afraid as I cook on an AGA but I use the roasting oven so the heat you would usually use for a roast!).

I prefer my salmon quite rare, so it is flakey and slightly transparent in the middle. If you always have your salmon well done, I suggest you try having it cooked this way :)

I would serve masses of maggi salmon with a small portion noodles (EE, you can dry fry the cooked noodles with maggi sauce or fish sauce or whatever you fancy) and heaps of veg - or with a really big stir-fry on a green day with one fillet as a HE.

Alternatively, I wrap up some very thinly sliced carrots, green beans and a wedge of lemon with a skinned salmon fillet in some tin-foil, place in a baking tray and cook again in the roasting oven (or at whatever your roasting heat is) - when the veg is done, so is the salmon. This is fab with a small baked potato as a HE :)

Hope you like salmon as much as me! :)

Ohh they sod lovely.... Feel stupid asking but what is maggi sauce?? Sorry haha.... Had baked salmon with lots of roasted veg and boiled rice was very nice considering I don't ever eat salmon usely haha xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back