Any Germans here

judywoody

Didn't want to post in the "overseas thread" as I was looking for Germans in general (I am in the UK) - I anyone on SW and has some good ideas for good ol' SW-friendly German food?? (if that exists..haha)

judywoody said:
Didn't want to post in the "overseas thread" as I was looking for Germans in general (I am in the UK) - I anyone on SW and has some good ideas for good ol' SW-friendly German food?? (if that exists..haha)

I think Capricorn is based in Germany

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thats the point of the overseas section though that people overseas can share SW tips etc for the country theyre in

Thats the point of the overseas section though that people overseas can share SW tips etc for the country theyre in

Haha...yes I know..but I am not in Germany :) I am in the UK so if anyone of German descent in the UK (anywhere else would be ok too but I thought UK would be more likely as there is no SW in Germany apart from the military bases) wants to get in touch that would be great!

But if it should be moved that's ok too!

I'm Deutsch :)

Hello,

I'm a German and I know many delicious German recipes and how to make them syn friendly or even free.
I'm from Berlin but living here in the UK (Birmingham).

Ask me for any recipe and I'll help you.

Take care, Marina :)

Hello,

I'm a German and I know many delicious German recipes and how to make them syn friendly or even free.
I'm from Berlin but living here in the UK (Birmingham).

Ask me for any recipe and I'll help you.

Take care, Marina :)

Oh how cool!

I don't know if it's rude to speak German on here!?! What type of recipes do you have - Currywurst SW friendly?? haha...

Hello again,

No, don't think it's rude, why not? Don't have bratwurst sw friendly recipes but I do have lovely Gurkensalat mit Joghurt (syn free), Krautsalat (syn free), kassler, but in here in the UK :-(. The Spaetzle you can buy at Lidl are also syn free. What is your favourite low syn or syn free meal??

Hello again,

No, don't think it's rude, why not? Don't have bratwurst sw friendly recipes but I do have lovely Gurkensalat mit Joghurt (syn free), Krautsalat (syn free), kassler, but in here in the UK :-(. The Spaetzle you can buy at Lidl are also syn free. What is your favourite low syn or syn free meal??

Na dann :)

Kassler??Wo kriegt man den her??? Ich finde ja Gammon schmeckt wie Kassler :)

Ich liebe Sahneheringe aber die kann man hier sogar kaufen!!!Wusste gar nicht, dass Lidl Spaetzle hat...habe noch eine packung daheim aus dem Notfallpaket meiner Mama :)

Ja Krautsalat und Kurkensalat mag ich!
Ueberlege grade ob Kartoffelkloesse, wenn man sie nur mit Kartoffeln und Ei macht, auch syn-free sind?

Halloechen,
nun geh mal zu den polnischen Supermaerkten. Die haben ja sogar deutsches Puddingpulver und noch mehr Sahneherring. Die fertigen Kartoffelkloesse von Knorr -halb und halb (oder war das Maggi?) sind syn free!! Geh mal zu amazon.de, da gibt es zwei Fleischer die Kassler sogar nach England senden wuerden, aber die wollen um die 15 Euro pro Kilo, ist ja ne Sauerei. Schick mal deine email Adresse, das waere ja toll. Wo wohnst du denn in England??

Take care

Hi, ich wohne in liverpool. Und du? Leider gibt es bei uns gar nicht so viele polnische laeden..aber wir haben wie gesagt lidl und aldi und sogar einen deutschen baecker fuer yummy brot:) woher bekommst du denn die syn values fuer deutsche produkte? Ich lass mir mal wieder knorr knoedel zuschicken von meiner mama! wie lange wohnst du schon in england? Ich seit fast 4 jahren. Laesst du dir den kassler echt zuschicken? Was kostet denn der spass?

Leider kann ich dir keine pn schicken weil du die option dafuer ausgestellt hast....wollte dir grad meine email schicken....sonst wird man doch zugespammed wenn man die so ins forum stellt...

Hi, ich wohne in liverpool. Und du? Leider gibt es bei uns gar nicht so viele polnische laeden..aber wir haben wie gesagt lidl und aldi und sogar einen deutschen baecker fuer yummy brot:) woher bekommst du denn die syn values fuer deutsche produkte? Ich lass mir mal wieder knorr knoedel zuschicken von meiner mama! wie lange wohnst du schon in england? Ich seit fast 4 jahren. Laesst du dir den kassler echt zuschicken? Was kostet denn der spass?

Leider kann ich dir keine pn schicken weil du die option dafuer ausgestellt hast....wollte dir grad meine email schicken....sonst wird man doch zugespammed wenn man die so ins forum stellt...

How do you activate the email receiver?? I'm in England since seven years. Ich lasse mir den Kassler nicht zuschicken, aber ich habe halt mal nachgefragt und die haben gesagt das das Kilo Kassler 15 Euro kostet und dann musst du auch noch 15 Euro Versandkosten dazurechnen. Mann das ist ja viel zu teuer, da knabber ich doch lieber an einem Gammon rum :rolleyes:
Sag mir mal bescheid wie ich die email von dir bekommen kann.

Take care

@starlight:Sorry....

I'm not sure how to activate the message option...it should be somewhere in your profile...

@starlight:Sorry....

I'm not sure how to activate the message option...it should be somewhere in your profile...

Judywoody - chocoina hasn't posted enough yet to be able to access her or anyone else's profile. Think she needs to have done 50 posts. There are games on chit chat which will boost her numbers so she can get there quicker! I had a similar problem with someone who wanted to be friends with me and a few others, and hopefully managed to email her from my contact info page on my profile, but I don't know if she got the email because she seems to have dropped off the radar. I was thinking of coming in on this thread last night, although my German is very poor, but I was going to suggest your email would be private to everyone except chocoina if you emailed her from your/her(?) contact info page on your profile. Also, I don't know whether you realise that some Tescos have a section for Polish food? And a friend I was talking to about it says he thinks some Asda stores have a large Polish section. Herrings in sour cream! Mmmmmmmmmmm - memories of my mum and me in Hamburg many years ago!! :)

woodmouse said:
Judywoody - chocoina hasn't posted enough yet to be able to access her or anyone else's profile. Think she needs to have done 50 posts. There are games on chit chat which will boost her numbers so she can get there quicker! I had a similar problem with someone who wanted to be friends with me and a few others, and hopefully managed to email her from my contact info page on my profile, but I don't know if she got the email because she seems to have dropped off the radar. I was thinking of coming in on this thread last night, although my German is very poor, but I was going to suggest your email would be private to everyone except chocoina if you emailed her from your/her(?) contact info page on your profile. Also, I don't know whether you realise that some Tescos have a section for Polish food? And a friend I was talking to about it says he thinks some Asda stores have a large Polish section. Herrings in sour cream! Mmmmmmmmmmm - memories of my mum and me in Hamburg many years ago!! :)

Oh I didn't realize...it's just that I access this page from my mobile and when I tried to send her a message I got an error message that she hasn't activated to receive pm's...

Don't think I can leave a message on her profile from my mobile phone. But will do as soon as I can access my pc again...

Yes I know about the polish section. But I think the variety of products you can buy in your local tesco and asda depends on how big the polish community is in that area...we don't have a very large polish community in my area of liverpool hence there isn't a lot of variety. But I managed to work around it so far:)
You can buy herrings in cream in tesco I think or at least in lidl. Was even able to convince my husband...haha...he isn't a big fan of herring but he liked this:)

I don't think she can access her profile til she's clocked up 50 posts, so perhaps wouldn't see messages left there (I'm not experienced in all this!) but I believe you can send an email which would be forwarded to her, this is what I did with someone, and you are warned that they will then be aware of your email address, but of course that's what you want her to see anyway, so it's all good :)

Ahh well, I'll just keep on sending messages until I have reached the 50! Sorry about the German, will write in English again.
It's true about the big Polish sections in big supermarkets, they have the Sauerkraut and other items. In the Polish shops you get some German rye bread, some yummy jellys and something we call Pudding in Germany which is low cal. and is like angel delight. Have never seen them in the big supermarkets.
Will go now and do some body magic (swimming), have my first weigh in on Tuesday.

Have a nice sunday, chocoina

Pudding?low cal?that's new to me;-)

Pudding?low cal?that's new to me;-)

Well, do you know the German diet books called low fat 30?? They showed that you can eat low fat food (including pretzels, wine gums, pudding,....) because they're low fat. There is that formula they use. Take the fat amount of 100g of the desired food, multiply by 9, then multiply the sum by 10. Than divide the sum by the calories and if it's under 30 than you have food that is under 30% fat and that helps you to lose weight. I remember seeing this formula in a book by Susan Powter, she was very successful with that.

Back