Any go-it-alone SW-ers buy the magazine?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Miss Q, 7 August 2009 Social URL.

1. Miss Q

Miss Q Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(8.97%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hey lads and lasses that do SW without going to classes - have you bought the magazine?

I picked up one along with my free food while shopping at asda and found it more interesting and enjoyable than I thought.

I liked the stories and recipes and - was surprised - with the beauty section.

I buy quite a lot of magazines each month, but would be happy to give up just two full-of-the-same-kerry-katona-stories to get SW monthly.

Is it always as helpful or did i pick it up at the right time? Anyone who buys it religiously? Anyone think its a waste of money?

I'd appreciate your opinions :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    I have never done SW but love the magazine and always buy it when I can get it...it seems to walk off the shelves.

4. Nanny Jax

Nanny Jax getting back on track

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hiya Miss Q, when i was following the plan I used to get excited when I knew another Mag was about to come into the shops!!! I know a lot of the other SW's on here did too! lol

@ Mini, hello you! looking good mini :)

Last edited: 8 August 2009
  5. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi there! I think some months are better than others to be honest, so I usually flick through to get an idea of the recipes. Also I've been a member for a number of years and I see the same recipes being repeated again. All in all I get it about three or four times a year but I do think it's useful for people who are new to SW or following it from home.

I must admit though that the recent focus on Extra Easy recipes makes me less inclined to buy it as I'm a veggie.

6. charlottegrace1

charlottegrace1 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    SW
    I like the mag but do tend to have a quick flick through just make sure the recipes are the type of thing we would eat before I buy.

7. Gemmy_Lou

Gemmy_Lou Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love the magazine! I find it a really good way to keep up to date with all the news. The stories are great and the recipes are mostly very good and are normally the sort of things I cook (and tend to have the ingredients).

I just wish that it was more regular!!

8. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    Yes, I always buy the magazine, I find it very good because you pick up things in the magazine that you would normally hear about in a class - such as the new products out and the Syns for them, I also like the recipes and the weight loss success stories, it certainly helps me to keep motivated.

9. ddrgirl4eva

ddrgirl4eva Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(16.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I always buy the magazine I think it is brill, I have made quite a few of the recipes and the articles give me inspiration too.

10. razzledazzle

razzledazzle Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yup I always buy the mag, it gives me a bit of inspiration when I see the success stories. Plus it keeps you up to date with new products and also what's new in the Healthy Extra department.

And like you say, the beauty section is always a good read. I haven't done many of the recipes from it but they're always good for ideas.

J x

11. squiddie

squiddie Starting Again!

Start Weight:
    27st9lb
    Current Weight:
    23st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11lb(13.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love the mag, it comes around quick enough that if I'm feeling a lack of motivation there's always some gorgeous skinny people in there to give me a boost :) Going it alone can be toguh sometimes, but with the fabulous people here and the fatties turned slim in the magazine it's nice to know we're not alone :)

Natt xxx

Mini likes this.
  12. Jenmac

Jenmac can't speak French

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World online
    I buy it, the recipes are ace!

13. weemo

weemo Trying again!!!

I always buy the magazine, I love it for the recipes and the inspirational stories! I bought a lot of old editions on Ebay, they were a lot cheaper too xx

Mini likes this.
  14. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I always get the magazine, not only are the stories inspirational, but the updates are great for making sure that Im on the right track!

Mini likes this.
  15. Leapfrog

Leapfrog Champion actifryer

Start Weight:
    84kg
    Current Weight:
    71.5kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    12.5kg(14.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I live in France and pay for an annual subscription to the magazine. I keep all my back issues (back as far as 2004) and get them out by month for seasonal recipe ideas and to re-read the stories. I'm reading Aug/Sep 2004 at the moment and it's like having a new issue of the mag!

Mini likes this.
  16. Tracybackinuk

Tracybackinuk Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(13.6%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi, I am doing SW online and I really like the magazine - for the articules and for the recipes.

Mini likes this.
  17. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I love it! I buy it the minute it comes out, it's only £1.70 in group so well worth it. I love the recipes and try to cook most stuff out of it over the following few weeks. A lot of the recipes are out of the cook books they bring out (which I also buy!) but I like the way they are put together in the magazine.

I'm not too fussed on the stories but I read them, I like Margaret Miles Bramwells page too, I find that really good.

I wish it was monthly that's all I can say!

Mini likes this.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.