Any good CC books?

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by ChubLock, 15 September 2011 Social URL.

1. ChubLock

ChubLock Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.44%)
    Diet:
    SW/5:2
    I love to read books so having guidance to read would be fab :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. nettleboo

nettleboo Full Member

hello ive not used any but if you go to amazon you can pick up quite a few books aimed at calorie counting i was looking yesterday xx

4. RachBlue

RachBlue Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.36%)
    Diet:
    Cal Counting @ 1550cals / day + following Dr Stephen Gullo's theories about knowing your weaknesses
    The Carb, Calorie & Fat Bible is good because you can browse it for ideas on low-cal foods, and compare carbs, protein & fibre;

The Thin Commandments & Thin Tastes Better by Dr Gullo have stuff on sticking to a diet and not feeling deprived, totally awesome IMO and fits with any diet plan;

a bit off topic but The Great Starvation Experiment by Todd Tucker is an interesting look at the general topic of weight-loss through calorie restriction (it looks at the wartime Minnesota starvation experiment where men voluntarily lost drastic amounts of weight to discover the best way of re-feeding famine victims).

As an animal lover I found the descriptions of factory farm abuse in the famous Skinny B-tch book very upsetting, it's not one to read if you get upset by tales of the deliberate torture of animals by farmhands & abbatoir staff, so be warned up front - I was given it as a gift and to be honest wish I'd never read it, it really made me so sick and angry and the descriptions in it haunted me for ages...

But in general I enjoy reading any and all diet books, and anything about the psychology of diet & nutrition, gender issues and body image, I have quite a few books on eating disorders as well (I'm a psychology student) so if I listed all my books you'd probably be like "this bird's MENTAL! :eek:" :8855:

5. thatlittlebit

thatlittlebit Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    8st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(36.76%)
    What section do you know would they be classes under in a library?

6. RachBlue

RachBlue Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.36%)
    Diet:
    Cal Counting @ 1550cals / day + following Dr Stephen Gullo's theories about knowing your weaknesses
    Not sure, sorry, I mainly buy books second-hand as cheap as possible off Amazon because I like to keep my books, but a librarian should be able to give you a definitive answer if no-one here can.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.