Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Any good CC books?

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by ChubLock, 15 September 2011 Social URL.

1. ChubLock

ChubLock Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.44%)
    Diet:
    SW/5:2
    I love to read books so having guidance to read would be fab :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. nettleboo

nettleboo Full Member

hello ive not used any but if you go to amazon you can pick up quite a few books aimed at calorie counting i was looking yesterday xx

4. RachBlue

RachBlue Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.36%)
    Diet:
    Cal Counting @ 1550cals / day + following Dr Stephen Gullo's theories about knowing your weaknesses
    The Carb, Calorie & Fat Bible is good because you can browse it for ideas on low-cal foods, and compare carbs, protein & fibre;

The Thin Commandments & Thin Tastes Better by Dr Gullo have stuff on sticking to a diet and not feeling deprived, totally awesome IMO and fits with any diet plan;

a bit off topic but The Great Starvation Experiment by Todd Tucker is an interesting look at the general topic of weight-loss through calorie restriction (it looks at the wartime Minnesota starvation experiment where men voluntarily lost drastic amounts of weight to discover the best way of re-feeding famine victims).

As an animal lover I found the descriptions of factory farm abuse in the famous Skinny B-tch book very upsetting, it's not one to read if you get upset by tales of the deliberate torture of animals by farmhands & abbatoir staff, so be warned up front - I was given it as a gift and to be honest wish I'd never read it, it really made me so sick and angry and the descriptions in it haunted me for ages...

But in general I enjoy reading any and all diet books, and anything about the psychology of diet & nutrition, gender issues and body image, I have quite a few books on eating disorders as well (I'm a psychology student) so if I listed all my books you'd probably be like "this bird's MENTAL! :eek:" :8855:

5. thatlittlebit

thatlittlebit Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    8st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(36.76%)
    What section do you know would they be classes under in a library?

6. RachBlue

RachBlue Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.36%)
    Diet:
    Cal Counting @ 1550cals / day + following Dr Stephen Gullo's theories about knowing your weaknesses
    Not sure, sorry, I mainly buy books second-hand as cheap as possible off Amazon because I like to keep my books, but a librarian should be able to give you a definitive answer if no-one here can.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.