Any ideas on my weight loss?

rosejane

I have been on SW for around 10 weeks or so now and consistently I lose 1-2lbs one week then the following week I either gain half a pound or maintain. I am doing the same thing, each week, its just frustrating! Anyone have the same problem or can give me tips?
Thanks

I think changing up the plans might work. I lost 3 pounds one week by changing to all green instead of my usual mix of red and green. Also, drinking hot water with lemon and ginger in the morning and a grapefruit with sweetener is what seems to boost my weight loss.

I'm hoping for my 1 stone sticker this week as I have mixed a lot of superfree foods in to plan.

Good Luck this week xx

How much weight do you have to lose? What do your losses average out in a month? Were you on a diet before you started? Did you eat fairly healthily before SW??

A lot of people have problems shifting their weight if they eat the same things.
Try something different, eat a lot of superfree foods and drink a lot of water.

Doing the same thing isnt always a good thing change things around have diff things for breakfast lunch ect, i have been doing it 8weeks and try to have a variety of breakfasts may have egg on toast with tin toms and bacon, if a red day or cereal with lots mixed friut ect i never eat the same stuff, one it makes it boring , ive lost over 21 pounds and think its brilliant, good luck x

Last edited:
hi i tend to lose 1 to 2 lb a week and also maintain .
I attend slimming world and in 5 wk have lost half stone ( yeah i wanted more )im very active go to gym few times a week and still only lose 1lb ,how can i increase this loss ?

Don't worry, you are doing fine. It took me 6 weeks to lose half a stone, then I put on 1.5, despite sticking to plan, and it took me 2 weeks to lose that, so it took me 9 weeks to get there...
It does come off, and 1 to 2 pounds a week are the healthy amount to lose.
Everyone is different but to boost weight loss, I ate a lot of superfree foods, drank a lot of water and only ate when hungry. I also cut down on fruit and muller lights. That got me going to a faster weight loss. The last 6 weeks before reaching target I lost 1.5 to 3.00 a week, with one week of a pound loss. I had no gains and no STS. Prior to doing that my weight losses were much slower, being a pound here and there with a few small gains and STS, but all in all it took me 30 weeks to lose the 30.5 to my initial target.
Good luck!

It sounds as if you have a pattern for your weight loss Hun..I have one too.
Despite sticking to plan 100% I gained this week. I just have to accept it and know that I will loose next week. I average just over 1lb a week and for me thats ok.

Dont know why but I have one no so good week then a better week.
I think it just how my body works. It is starting to evan out now

week 1 -0.5 off
week 2 -4 off
week 3 +1 on
week 4 -3 off
week 5 -1.5 off
week 6 -2 off
week 7 -1 off

If your doing ee, then try adding some red and green in. Like others have said make sure that you try new things, eat plenty of veggies and drink lots of water. It could be down to how your body works but it must be anoying to sts. If your on ee watch out for eating too many carbs, just keep them for meal times.
Sorry I cant help you more x x x

I also will have a bigger loss 1 week then a smaller one the next week -I always have done when losing weight. If you look at your total loss over the 2 weeks and divide by 2 you will then see a consistent loss. Since I expect a lower number one week Im never disappointed. But remember the longer weight takes to come off the longer it will stay off!

I think this is fairly normal. I'd say make sure you vary your healthy extras, usually works for me. OR the dreaded Scanbran :eek:

Your body can get stuck in a rut if you tend to stick to the same things so try to have a bigger variety. My consultant says most people have bigger losses on Extra Easy, have you been doing that? Maybe chop & change what plan you do each day to kickstart the losses again. Well done for what you've lost so far :) x

Back