1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Any ideas please???

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by JakesMummy, 10 November 2009 Social URL.

1. JakesMummy

JakesMummy Member

Slimming World
    I'm looking for ideas for simple, quick breakfasts that won't always use up my HEB as i quite often have extra easy days. I literally have less than half an hour to actually make and eat something in a morning as i have a 10 month old little boy who won't sit down for longer than 10 seconds! I have to get myself dressed and semi-decent for work aswell as getting him ready and out the door to take him to his aunties house before i go to work. I've been back at work for 2 months now and i haven't had a decent breakfast in that time.. I do have weetabix in the cupboard but loathe to use them if i have an extra easy day as that's my 'B' choice used up!

Any ideas would be gratefully received! x :confused:
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. evethewitch

evethewitch Silver Member

honey mustard or bbq sauce is a nice way to do it;)

lol sorry wrong post
    Last edited: 10 November 2009
  4. tafflass

tafflass Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming world
    could you cook some sausages the night before and warm them in the morning with some scrambled egg,beans/tin toms?
    or how about an omelette?could use cheese,bacon bits and toms?
    fruit salad and a yogurt?
    hope this helps in some way x
  5. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Slimming World
    I think Eve's message was intended for the pork loin question, or at least I hope it was :D

But seriously, the breakfast question comes up regularly so it would be worth your while doing a search as I'm sure you'll find lots of useful threads.

That aside, think about the foods that are free on EE and build your breakfast around them. Things like a cooked breakast can be done in 10 minutes and if you use a health grill you can leave it to cook on its own while you get ready. I have a range of breakfast foods and mix and match between them - microwave scrambled eggs with sausage, fried egg on polenta slices, or the full fry up! Try rice pudding with soft fruits or polenta porridge. You could make a breakfast quiche the night before and either eat it cold or reheat. I have a recipe for making a breakfast omelette overnight in the slow cooker and it's ready for you when you get up. A big bowl of fruit smothered in yoghurt with some cereal crumbled over the top. Or there's that classic breakfast dish of kedgeree! That's all I can think of at the moment.
  6. evethewitch

evethewitch Silver Member

7. MissShiraz

MissShiraz Full Member

Slimming World
    Pop half a tin of tomatoes in with 3 whisked eggs and bang in the microwave for 2 minutes or so (depending on how you like scrambled egg)

Grilled Portabello or Field Mushroom topped with a poached egg and bacon

I have Mullerlight and different chopped fruits every morning or VFF Natural Yoghurt (honeydew melon, pineapple, orange, mango, banana, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, kiwi etc etc - you can vary it so much and i find it quite filling, you cna make it the night before if need be!)
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.