Any ideas please???

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by JakesMummy, 10 November 2009 Social URL.

1. JakesMummy

JakesMummy Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm looking for ideas for simple, quick breakfasts that won't always use up my HEB as i quite often have extra easy days. I literally have less than half an hour to actually make and eat something in a morning as i have a 10 month old little boy who won't sit down for longer than 10 seconds! I have to get myself dressed and semi-decent for work aswell as getting him ready and out the door to take him to his aunties house before i go to work. I've been back at work for 2 months now and i haven't had a decent breakfast in that time.. I do have weetabix in the cupboard but loathe to use them if i have an extra easy day as that's my 'B' choice used up!

Any ideas would be gratefully received! x :confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. evethewitch

evethewitch Silver Member

honey mustard or bbq sauce is a nice way to do it;)

lol sorry wrong post

Last edited: 10 November 2009
  4. tafflass

tafflass Silver Member

Start Weight:
    22st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(23.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    could you cook some sausages the night before and warm them in the morning with some scrambled egg,beans/tin toms?
    or how about an omelette?could use cheese,bacon bits and toms?
    fruit salad and a yogurt?
    kippers?
    hope this helps in some way x

5. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think Eve's message was intended for the pork loin question, or at least I hope it was :D

But seriously, the breakfast question comes up regularly so it would be worth your while doing a search as I'm sure you'll find lots of useful threads.

That aside, think about the foods that are free on EE and build your breakfast around them. Things like a cooked breakast can be done in 10 minutes and if you use a health grill you can leave it to cook on its own while you get ready. I have a range of breakfast foods and mix and match between them - microwave scrambled eggs with sausage, fried egg on polenta slices, or the full fry up! Try rice pudding with soft fruits or polenta porridge. You could make a breakfast quiche the night before and either eat it cold or reheat. I have a recipe for making a breakfast omelette overnight in the slow cooker and it's ready for you when you get up. A big bowl of fruit smothered in yoghurt with some cereal crumbled over the top. Or there's that classic breakfast dish of kedgeree! That's all I can think of at the moment.

6. evethewitch

evethewitch Silver Member

7. MissShiraz

MissShiraz Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Pop half a tin of tomatoes in with 3 whisked eggs and bang in the microwave for 2 minutes or so (depending on how you like scrambled egg)

Grilled Portabello or Field Mushroom topped with a poached egg and bacon

I have Mullerlight and different chopped fruits every morning or VFF Natural Yoghurt (honeydew melon, pineapple, orange, mango, banana, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, kiwi etc etc - you can vary it so much and i find it quite filling, you cna make it the night before if need be!)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.