any ideas what are the nicer soups to try ?

I did 4 months previously on chocolate tetras & choc orange bars. I don't have a sweet tooth but it was all I could stand. Hopefully I can manage another 4 months!

question to the ladies that don't like the porridge.... do you like normal porridge? as in not cambridge diet porridge? its kinda loved or hated anyway I'm guessing. I'm half a week in, but i did it in the past before they had porridge and the packs I like best are all the shakes, veg soup, potato and leek, chick and mushroom (I also don't like mushrooms but can't really taste them) I like the oriental chilli now and then. I think I liked all the bars as well, but I haven't tried them yet this time as its still too early. Still enjoying the veg soup I like a dash of tabasco in it.

MsPea said:
I think the choc orange takes a bit of getting used to. The first time I tried it I thought it tasted really artificial and chemically but I quite like it now!

I think the taste of the chic orange one is fine but (this might sound weird) it hurts my throat when I drink it? gives me a sore tickly feeling! and I tried it 3 separate times as well lol, so I don't know what's in it that doesn't agree with me hah :(

On the important subject of fizzy tomato soup - you may already be doing this but you have to make it up differently to the other soups. I find the following technique works:

1. Put power in bottom of mug/bowl and add a little bit of water to make a thick paste.

2. SLOWLY add water bit by bit stirring with a spoon as you go. No whisking or blending.

3. Keep stirring until all lumps are incorporated

It took me a while to perfect it but its now my favourite soup - I always add a bit of Tobasco too as I like my spicyness!

Can you use Worcester Sauce instead of tabasco, I'm only on my first week of S/S and think the soups could do with spicing up a bit, but don't want to jeopardise my loss as I have been sticking to it 100%. I am on day 3 and so far so good, no headaches or dizziness. Just feel really cold, could be from drinking lots of cold water (only way I can drink it is ice cold!) I too found the porridge really yukky, the only one I haven't gagged on is the original. Absolutely love the choc mint shake!!

Definitely! You just replace the same amount of cold water with hot - just remember not to do it in a shaker or it'll explode - if you like coffee try the cappuccino flavour with a spoon of coffee it's a great caffeine fix :)

wanttobeslim! said:
Definitely! You just replace the same amount of cold water with hot - just remember not to do it in a shaker or it'll explode - if you like coffee try the cappuccino flavour with a spoon of coffee it's a great caffeine fix :)

Excellent! I love the cappuccino, load with a an extra shot of Coffee to make sure I start the day buzzing!!!

I just started SS today. Had the leek and potato for lunch whizzed up with a blender, which was ok and quite thick. I had the plain porridge for tea thinking it would fill me up. It reminded me of ready brek....but I haven't had that for years so it could be my taste buds playing tricks on me:rolleyes:

So far I have had the Oriental Chilli (OK), Spicy Tomato (Really Good) and Chicken and Mushroom (The best so far!!!), I can do this!!!!

The porridge does make it feel as though you have eaten. My partner & I sit & have ours together for breakfast --- ahhhhhh

love the choc mint and cappucino shakes! just had my first butterscotch and thats yum too! :)

not tried any soups yet - ordered one oriental one for monday.

any recommendations for the best bars to get? i like the idea of the choc mint one - does it taste like matchmakers??

hope everyones having a lovely weekend - its my first WI on monday. Its been a very looonnnng week!!!:sigh:

The meal bars take a bit of getting used to but definitely help add a different food texture! The choc mint one tastes ok (not quite like match makers tho :-( ) but with some imagination they would! The chewy ones (choc and choc orange) are nice as they take the edge off a choc craving but they are really chewy so it's easier to chop them up. The toffee one is ok but there's a very treacly after taste so if you don't like treacle I'd only buy one to start with just incase :)

Hi

I just had the oriental soup and liked it to start but then found it a bit icky, whats the chewy bits in it???

I really liked the tomato soup!

mrsf

Hi

I just had the oriental soup and liked it to start but then found it a bit icky, whats the chewy bits in it???

I really liked the tomato soup!

mrsf

I had the Oriental and it was OK but just had the chicken and mushroom and it is FAB ! Just like a normal cup a soup. Not as thick as the oriental but way nicer.
Not tried the tomato yet but will get it at the weekend x

I just checked with my CWP consultant and apparently the mango flavour was a trial only and aren't available anymore :-(

I am on second day now, Love the shakes and I can cope with them but the soups..so far I have had Spicy Tomato Soup & right now I'm having Leek & Potato...have to admit I feel so sick & I can't stop thinking about how disgusting they are! :(

Back