Any Ideas what to do?

Gina1986

Hey People,

I love this forum its got great advise and inspiration.

I have a problem.I've just finished my 1st week on LT. I lost 8lbs my goal is to lose 20lbs so i can feel comfortable with my body. I have received another supply for next week but the lady in the chemist indicated as soon as i get into my correct bmi i wouldn't be stopping. That means i need to lose another 7/8lbs.

Firstly:
Can i continue even if my bmi is normal?
I say this because i would like to be around 23 in my bmi because i put on weight quite easily. I was reading a booklet on LT it said the weight lost in the first two weeks will go back on.

Secondly:
I am going away for the weekend on 25th with my girlfriends it will be a drinking weekend.I would be REALLY uncomfortable going away for the weekend not having a few drinks.I do want to be my desired weight but i really would like to have a few glasses of wine. Any ideas what would be the best way i could do this?

Sorry for the long post i'm just really worried about these two issues.Any help is really appreciated.
Thank you for reading,
:break_diet:

sorry i meant the lady in the chemist said i would be stopped!sorry

Well....if she stops you (and this is really naughty) you can buy it on ebay (NOT that I recommend that obviously;)). As for drinking, it knocks you out of ketosis so you have to go thru the hard stuff again - I checked with my friend who is a doc. Although, if you really are going to have to be naughty my personal trainer always used to say that if you have a long gin and slim it has a quarter of the calories of 1 small white wine.

However.....with weight loss like that I would continue and just have fizzy water if you can!:eek:

Hi Gina,

If you are going away on the 25th and you intend to drink then you would be best to have a week before of refeeding.

For you should not drink on a vlcd, it is too dangerous.

Refeeding is key to not re-gaining your weight as you introduce foods in the proper order and avoid overloading your glycogen stores.

You can still lose weight during refeeding and in maintenance.

You use to be able to do LT below a BMI of 25. Obviously they have changed this.

There is some concern that if you do a vlcd under a BMI of 25 that you could have muscle loss and you don't want that.

Love Mini xxx

Do Not Drink Alcohol If You Are Ketotic!

This article explains why!

Source: Post-exercise ketosis, ketone bodies

DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL IF YOU ARE KETOTIC!
Alcohol is a powerful inhibitor of gluconeogenesis. In fact, it forces part of the gluconeogenic metabolic process into reverse. This means that if all the glucose in the blood is being derived from gluconeogenesis then the consumption of alcohol will inevitably cause the blood glucose level to fall. Worse still, the alcohol also stops ketone body production, thus leaving the brain entirely without fuel.
A person who is ketotic is 100% reliant on gluconeogenesis to maintain adequate levels of glucose in the blood. If, under these circumstances alcohol is taken, the person will become disorientated and might lose consciousness, not just from the alcohol, but from low blood sugar. Needless to say, this could be very dangerous, and even fatal.
Alcohol does not have these effects if the glycogen stores in the liver are normal. Under these circumstances the blood glucose level in the blood is maintained by the breakdown of liver glycogen, a process that is not influenced by alcohol. If a person becomes confused under these circumstances it is due simply to the pharmacological effects of the alcohol!

Thanks for the advise mimi and Amanda. I think i might do another week on LT then the refeeding/maintenance. I might try follow WW.

I was just shocked that i would be putting all the weight i lost in the first two weeks straight back on.
Is this always the case?

I think the best value LT has done for me is made me realise i'm addicted to food when i go back to eating I'm really going to appreciate healthy food for its value and scrap the bad food.

If you following the re-feeding steps properly, then you shouldn't gain any weight, and could even continue to lose weight

I went off the diet for 6 weeks. I followed the refeed exactly. I then went on an all inclusive holiday for 2 wks and didnt put a lb on. I did up the exercise on holiday...swimming etc, but you will probably not eat what I ate. The most important part of not gaining the weight is to refeed properly, then just make the right choices most of the time. I kept rice/pots/bread/pasta to a minimum, but if I fancied a piece of cake I had it. Don't go over the top and you should be fine.

Good luck.

i've been told if you you follow the refeeding program exactly you should be fine.

Back