Any ideas why i'm so thirsty

classy76

Drank nearly 4 litres today, but got a very dry mouth, ie my tongue keeps sticking to my mouth. So I am keep drinking, I think it happened over most of the weekend.
I was at work and my tongue kept sticking to the roof of my mouth. oops repeated that, watching telly while writing

Any ideas
Ta

I get this! Thought I was going nuts! But now if I am ......your coming with me! LOL! Yep.....tongue and lips sticking together! I even brush my teeth sometimes to ease it......Have no idea why,,,,it is not thirst.....I am defo drinking my water....I wondered was it a sugar metabolism thing....ie. now I don't have any sugar....after years of it.

And it hasn't killed me yet!
Anyway you are not alone hun!

i get this too, but i am carb sensitive, and diabetics get thirst, i always think its my body's mini diabetic thirst thing...

you are prob carb sensitive too, not that there are hardly any in tfr, but thats when my dry mouth got a lot worse. just keep sipping water, using mouth wash, using listerine strips etc...

I get this! Thought I was going nuts! But now if I am ......your coming with me! LOL! Yep.....tongue and lips sticking together! I even brush my teeth sometimes to ease it......Have no idea why,,,,it is not thirst.....I am defo drinking my water....I wondered was it a sugar metabolism thing....ie. now I don't have any sugar....after years of it.

And it hasn't killed me yet!
Anyway you are not alone hun!

LOL LOL:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

It could just be a random thing - my body will do that at times, much in the same way it craves certain foods at random times! If you're concerned, or if it goes on for a while, it might be an idea to go to the docs and have your blood/urine levels tested to make sure it's not your thyroid playing up or anything like that.

Still, at least it means you're getting all of your water! ;)

its a pre-cursor to being diabetic, usually affecting people who are overweight or obese.... which USED TO be me ;)

I would buy that! Diabetes in my family strongly (mature onset). But my sis and I have always felt that we have sugar metabolism probs. If we go too long without eating we get weak and sweaty and she has fainted (not me!). Both had bloods and urines done loads of times and no probs.

So I have always reasoned in my head that we were pre-diabetic. So I have always tried not to eat sweet stuff.....which I don't no biscuits, sweets or cakes but I am a carb queen. Pizza, bread, potatoes, :drool:

So I think you have it there msblonde. Classy are you big into carbs too?????

i am not sure if the bloods and urines always get the results, my other half gets night sweats and crabby when not had enough to eat, but is right as rain as soon as he has eaten, but bloods and urine show no problem

I find that I get thirsty in the evenings when I am trying to slow down on the water so I don't end up getting up several times in the night for a wee! Every morning I wake up with a mouth like the bottom of a bird cage!!! Urgh!!!

x

I find that I get thirsty in the evenings when I am trying to slow down on the water so I don't end up getting up several times in the night for a wee! Every morning I wake up with a mouth like the bottom of a bird cage!!! Urgh!!!

x

Snap and yes I'm big into carbs and sweet stuff too.
No Diabetes in the family but you gave me quite a shock.
I work at a vets and have regularly tested my urine just in case and have never had any glucose in my urine. Occasionally I have got the sugar shakes which is what we call them. It normally happens when i'd not eaten anything for a very long time ie all day.

Has it happens I've not got it today. But it does seem to happen more on a evening?

Back