Any ideas?

TRYING SO HARD

I have been doing ww for the last seven weeks and have manage to loose 15lb. I have been doing loads of walking and trying to leave the car at home. On Monday I was involved in a car crash ( whilst on my way to work in a friends car). I can barely move, the pain in my back is terrible. I am scared that by not excersing my loss will stop or slow down.
:cry:

Firstly, I hope you are not in pain for long. Is it whiplash or some other injury?

Secondly, you should still be able to lose weight, even if it's not at the same rate you were before.

When I first joined WW many years ago, my leader had put on weight following incapacity after a hip replacement. She started WW whilst still unable to exercise and did unbelievably well from seeing her before photo. So please don't beat yourself up about that and concentrate on getting yourself well and fit again.

not exercising wont make much difference to your weightloss for a couple of weeks while you get better, a really intensive workout may burn 300-500kcals depending on what youre doing but if you think that 1lb on fat is equivalent to 3,500kcals it doesnt really seem much. the most inportant thing is that you're ok, get plenty of rest and take some good painkillers and you'll be back exercising soon xx

Just wanted to repeat what the others have said and don't worry about exercising for now. Get yourself well first. Good luck and hope you feel better soon

Back