any LT'er with underactive thyroid???

no pain no gain!

HIYA... WAS WONDERING IF THERE WAS ANYONE DOING LT WITH AN UNDERACTIVE THYROID? WHAT MG DO U TAKE AND HOW MUCH ARE U LOOSING ON LT? IS THE LOSS LESS THEN WHAT AN AVERAGE LT'er is loosing?

I'm 50mg but i think it should be more as i feel so tired etc.... but docs say its the right dose.

Anyway i've only been back on LT for 2.5 weeks but i've lost 16lbs in the first 2 weeks.

I have done LT before when i didn't have an underactive thyroid. I did seem to lose more then than i am now or when i tried the CD a few months ago.

Most people with an underactive thyroid say their weight loss is good. I personally feel mine could be better esp as i have so much to lose.

My family has a history of underactive thyroid & I had the test to see if it explained the weight gain (rather than the obvious explanation of loads of takeaway curries) - it came back negative... but often wondered if that was correct....

Yep! I have an underactive thyroid. But I am on new medicine regime about 8 months and feel very well on it. I take 2 meds. 100mg eltroxin and 1/2 tablet of tertroxin twice a day(not sure what mcg it is). But prior to the new meds I was on 150mg eltroxin daily. I am more than pleased with my losses!

I have an underactive thyroid and take 150mg of thyroxine a day im quite pleased with my weight loss never lost this much on any other diet before but watch the pooing situation cos thats a part of the thyroid problem im just starting to have problems in that department and im having to take ducolax to go and i im also very cold probably more than most but lets face it , its worth it it really is hope this helps x

Thanx Guys For Ur Input. Im On 50mg At Moment, Still Seem To Feel Extremley Tired, Lazy N Cold. Doc Did Say It Was The Right Dose, But I Feel It Could Go Higher. Might Just Go For A Blood Test. As Far As Loosin Weight On Lt Is Concerned, Il Find Out 2morrow How Ive Done, Since 2morrow Is MY 1st Wi. :)

Good Luck tomorrow hun!!!

hiya, if you still feel shity and the doctor says your on the right amount of thyroxine you will have to really push for more thyroxine i had to they kept doing blood tests and they kept coming back fine but one doctor told me that you have to keep upping it till you feel better so i pushed the doc to give me more untill i felt almost ok the blood test they give ya are crap so keep pushin and dont stop untill you feel better in yourself x

hiya, if you still feel shity and the doctor says your on the right amount of thyroxine you will have to really push for more thyroxine i had to they kept doing blood tests and they kept coming back fine but one doctor told me that you have to keep upping it till you feel better so i pushed the doc to give me more untill i felt almost ok the blood test they give ya are crap so keep pushin and dont stop untill you feel better in yourself x

THANX SWEETIE, HELPFUL ADVICE. WILL TRY SEEIN THE DOCS ON MONDAY.

Hi NPNG - how did you get on?

I'm new here - just started posting because I am thinking of trying Lipotrim, but I've got an underactive thyroid and am really fed up with trying various diets and not getting anywhere. So I'm finding this thread interesting. :coffee:

Although I'm on levothyroxine (100mcg) I'm still getting hypothyroid symptoms (feeling soooo tired and low) and once again my levels have come back in the "normal" range. :cry: I'm debating whether or not I can muster the energy to speak to my doctor (AGAIN!) about my dosage... it obviously worked for Babyboosweets! But cos I feel crap I dunno if I can muster the energy for the battle, only to be told AGAIN that it can't possibly be my thyroid... levels are normal... must be something else... :blahblah:

Anyway, enough whingeing... :rolleyes:

I'm (cautiously) encouraged by the kind of weight loss I have seen on this thread, so there may be hope for me shifting the stones yet! Only thing is, if I'm still getting symptoms, am I likely to lose weight, even with this miraculous-sounding Lipotrim??

Hmmm... :cool:

hey dumpy u have to be prepared for battle or failin that CRY!!!or failin that try and see a doc thats soft and will give you anything and if poss make sure the doc is a man cos they hate it when ya cry they dont know what to do !!!! hope this helps x

LOL Bbs - I am hormonal at the moment so with any luck I will go into total meltdown and he'll agree just to get rid of me!!! I think now may be a good time! :sign0151:

Thanks for the support!

:party0038:

your welcome, mmmm i'd say it's the best time !!!!!!! ha ha good luck give em hell !!!!

hey dumpy u have to be prepared for battle or failin that CRY!!!or failin that try and see a doc thats soft and will give you anything and if poss make sure the doc is a man cos they hate it when ya cry they dont know what to do !!!! hope this helps x

babyboo.....u are so funny. that really made me laugh. might try it myself. have got an appointment for later on this wk. x

Hi NPNG - how did you get on?

I'm new here - just started posting because I am thinking of trying Lipotrim, but I've got an underactive thyroid and am really fed up with trying various diets and not getting anywhere. So I'm finding this thread interesting. :coffee:. levothyroxine (100mcg) I'm still getting hypothyroid symptoms (feeling soooo tired and low) and once again my levels have come back in the "normal" range. :cry: I'm debating whether or not I can muster the energy to speak to my doctor (AGAIN!) about my dosage... it obviously worked for Babyboosweets! But cos I feel crap I dunno if I can muster the energy for the battle, only to be told AGAIN that it can't possibly be my thyroid... levels are normal... must be something else... :blahblah:

Anyway, enough whingeing... :rolleyes:

I'm (cautiously) encouraged by the kind of weight loss I have seen on this thread, so there may be hope for me shifting the stones yet! Only thing is, if I'm still getting symptoms, am I likely to lose weight, even with this miraculous-sounding Lipotrim??

Hmmm... :cool:

HIYA DUMPY.. HAVE A DOCS APP LATER ON THIS WK.. WILL LET U KNOW WHAT THE OUTCOME IS.
IM ON 50MG AT MOMENT... SYMPTOMS HAVE GOT BETTER BUT NOT COMPLETLEY GONE. DONT FEEL DIZZY OR NAUSIOUS ANYMORE, BUT STILL FEEL MEGA TIRED, LOW MOOD AND EXTREMLEY COLD. I KNOW U DO FEEL COLD ON THIS DIET, BUT FOR ME THE CASE IS WORSE.
ANYWAY, HAVE LOST 7LBS IN WK 1... LETS SEE HOW WK 2 GOES.
ACCORDING TO MY PHARMACIST THERE ARE LOADSA PEOPLE WITH THYROID DOIN LT AND LOOSIN MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF WEIGHT... SO I GUESS IT MUST BE WORKIN.
WILL KEEP U POSTED REGARDING MY DOC APP.... IF THE OUTCOME DOESNT LOOK TOO POSITIVE THEN MIGHT TRY BABYBOO'S SUGGESTION ;)

Hiya I'm another one with underactive thyroid on 100mg of levothyroxine, only been taking it since Jan so they're still checking my levels. I was searching round the threads a while ago as I was having a couple of bad weigh ins and (really wish i'd kept the post) someone with same condition said about getting both your T3 and T4 levels checked. Docs normally just test your T4 levels and give you T4 tablets and your body converts some to T3. However, some of us aren't efficient at converting T3 so we still feel sheight but our T4 levels are coming out ok. This person got docs to check this (again had to put up a fight) but is now on 2 seperate sets of tablets and is feeling much better. This may not be the case with everyone but it may be worth asking about at your next checkups.

As for the cold and tiredness. One of our main symptoms is feeling the cold more and also feeling run down and low on energy. I know myself I sleep more than I used to. Unfortunately for us these are also side effects of being on LT especially the cold. You experience tiredness as your body goes into ketosis and then takes the energy from your fat stores but it also goes into energy save mode hence the coldness and the resting hair folicles etc.

Hope this helps guys and sorry for the essay!

No problem hun happy to help, to be honest may be checking it myself as I'm same, still tired and cold and feeling down a lot.

A couple of other things to try are to switch to decaff coffee and ditch tea (I know its hard on LT to cut the choice further) but If you look up things not to have on internet they come up on the list. I stopped drinking tea and I only have decaff coffee anyway so that was easy but my losses improved from my bad weeks (only lost 1lb). It also lists soya which is in the shakes but if you measure it against your losses its probably worth sticking to. I'm on refeed now so I just avoid it now.

Hi

Twas me that posted about T3 and T4 and Cathy you have it spot on! I am underactive years and have always been fobbed off! Told it is all in my head etc,

Anyway attending a new doc now and on T3 and T4 meds and feel fab!!! He says it is a bit contraversial the way he treats (like I care......I FEEL WELL!)

There is another treatment out there too. It is "Armour". I haven't tried this but my friend is doing great on it. I will try and find a website that lists all the doctors that are willing to treat this way. It was a US site but I found my doc on it.

Girls I can't urge you enough keep pushing your docs! I was told it was in my head for years! I feel like my OLD self for the past 9-10 months now!

Hi guys!

Wow, the support on this forum is great... thanks everyone! Mwah!!! :D :hug99:

Sooo... I did go to see my doctor yesterday morning, spent the whole time in the waiting room thinking how I was wasting my time and would not be listened to AGAIN, getting more and more depressed etc... and finally when I got in there, guess what...

MELTDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

But OMG did it work!!!!! :D

He has FINALLY agreed that it is worth trying me on an increased dose (125mcg to begin with, may increase it to 150mcg if I need to). I need to try it for 2 months and get tested again to see how I'm doing.

RESULT!!!! :party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011:

I feel so much happier just knowing that there is hope that I might actually start feeling well (and may even have a chance to finally lose weight???). I AM SO RELIEVED!!!! I could have snogged his face off! :D

And it's fab that being hormonal actually worked in my favour for once! ;)

So thanks again Babyboo for convincing me it was worth trying again. Any of you having the same problem... seriously...CRY!! It truly does work! ;)

And good luck NPNG! Hope you win! And well done on the fab weight loss! 7lb in one week when you're hypothyroid is AMAZING!! x :happy096:

So now I'm seriously thinking about trying Lipotrim... have already called the chemist for more info... :D

PS - soz about the long post! :eek:

Last edited:
Back