any new cakey ideas for scanbran??

applejack1pie

has anyone got some new wacky ideas for the dreaded horsefood?
ive got in my mind something like
pineapple cheesecake, chocolate brownies, carrot cake or butterscotch tart, as you may have guessed im in need of a sweet fix!

I have some recipes that i got off the SW website, but i haven't tried them yet. Not sure if they are new but i hope they are helpful for you :D:

Curly Wurly scan bran cake​
Serves: 1

Syns per serving: It's just 12 Syns for the whole cake and can be divided into as many slices as you like.

Ingredients
4 Scan Bran
2 eggs
3 or 4 tbsp sweetener (to taste)
1 sachet Belgian Choc Options
26g Curly Wurly bar

Method
1. Soak the Scan Bran in boiling water to soften. Then drain and mash.
2. Beat the eggs and stir into mix, along with the sweetener and Belgian Choc Options
3. Chop the Curly Wurly into pieces and add to the mix
4. Pour the mixture into a microwavable bowl and cook for around 6 minutes. When cooked the cake will be springy to the touch and will have pulled away from the side.

Tip: Chef's tip: For those who don’t have a microwave, you can cook the cake on 200°C/Gas Mark 6 for approximately 30 minutes.

Scan Bran Carrot Cake​
Serves: 1

Syns per serving: It's just 13½ Syns for the whole cake and can be divided into as many slices as you like.

Ingredients
4 Scan Bran, crushed
1 Weetabix, crushed
5oz grated carrot
½ tsp nutmeg
1 level tbsp runny honey
2 level tbsp mincemeat
3 beaten eggs

For the topping:
1 pot quark skimmed milk soft cheese
Lemon juice
Sweetener to taste

Method
1. Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C.
2. Mix all the ingredients together.
3. Transfer the mix into a baking tin lined with non-stick baking parchment and bake for 1 hour.
4. When cooked turn onto a wire rack to cool.
5. For the topping mix the quark with lemon juice and sweetener to taste and spread onto the cake once cooled.

The slimming world website has a new page, called 'stay on plan with scanbran' it's full of ideas. They have a recipe for raspberry and chocolate cake, banana cake and pineapple cake, to name but a few. :)

If you're on facebook, I discovered a scan bran appreciation society on there with TONS of recipes! I saw one for marmite and cheese scan bran loaf which sounded yummy!

I used to make this all the time and LOVED it!

Scan Bran Parkin

Whole cake is 2 Healthy Extras and 2 syns

5 Scan Bran
2 Eggs
28g Porridge Oats
15g Sweetner
1 tbsp Dark Treacle ( 2 syns )
1 tsp Cinnamon

Put scan bran in bowl and cover with boiling water for 1 min. Drain, return to bowl and stir in porridge oats, cinnamon, sweetner and treacle. Mix in beaten eggs and stir well. Pour into a greased tin and cook for about 25 mins at 180.

I used to make this all the time and LOVED it!

Scan Bran Parkin

Whole cake is 2 Healthy Extras and 2 syns

5 Scan Bran
2 Eggs
28g Porridge Oats
15g Sweetner
1 tbsp Dark Treacle ( 2 syns )
1 tsp Cinnamon

Put scan bran in bowl and cover with boiling water for 1 min. Drain, return to bowl and stir in porridge oats, cinnamon, sweetner and treacle. Mix in beaten eggs and stir well. Pour into a greased tin and cook for about 25 mins at 180.

this sounds really good. definately gonna try it :)

Back