Any one else like this?

fairy3853

About 2 weeks before my period, im absolutly starving for about 6/7 day and no matter what I eat, im hungry and I constantly crave sweet stuff?

Was just wondering if anyone else goes through this and if so, do you have a loss at weigh in?

I start feeling really hungry and craving stove about a week before I'm due on. I used to just eat for the sake of it but since doing slimming world I have learnt to ignore it and have alliterative things to fit in with syns. It hasn't affected my weight as I normally still lose but normally 1pm when other weeks it can be 2 of 3 .

Thanks hun, its good to know im not on my own...

We were discussing this in class about 6 or 8 weeks ago.......apparantly, based on some medical research, if you stick to green days for the days running up to TOTM your cravings will be reduced, and you'll feel more satisfied with what you do eat.
For me, I found it did help a bit, and probably would have been even better if I'd had a few more green days.... gotta be worth a try ;-)

Interesting, so would I need to try it like now, on what I call my hungry week?

Might be worth a try, iv only ever done extra easy and not that iv done that that long and was plucking up the guts to try a green or red day

Yeah, I think it's worth a try, and the theory makes sense.... all those carbs, pulses etc are slow release sugar.,..so those energy levels don't dip so much, so you feel fuller longer, and the sweet cravings reduce.
If you're like that now, and this is normal for you, I'd go green for those extra hungry days, I've been all green since Monday
and feel good.
Good Luck, tell us how you get on

PS - green days are cheaper too!!

A week before my period I lose my appitite and on the day of my period I am starving marvin all day long. What helps me is doing green days as they fill me up for longer and I also crave sweet stuff. If it is really difficult to stay within my syns I allow myself additional syns like 20 so that I am still in control

Yeah, I think it's worth a try, and the theory makes sense.... all those carbs, pulses etc are slow release sugar.,..so those energy levels don't dip so much, so you feel fuller longer, and the sweet cravings reduce.
If you're like that now, and this is normal for you, I'd go green for those extra hungry days, I've been all green since Monday
and feel good.
Good Luck, tell us how you get on

PS - green days are cheaper too!!

Cheaper???? I like that idea, funds are tight at the minuate so that would realy help.

Thanks guys, I will follow green days next month on my hungry week, but on the run upto it, ill throw a few in then I get the gist of it.... Will keep you posted xx

Back