Any one have more than 2tbs of veg on SS+

Tracey1404

Enjoyin' my journey....
Does anyone have more than 2 tablespoons of green veg with their 200 calorie meal on SS+?

I would be happy to drop a shake in favour of increasing the very low carb veg (limit to 20-25g of carbs a day) with my meal. I find I need them (a) cos I love them & (b) to assist "natural movement"! I am not a fan of laxatives or fibre supplements.

All advice gratefully received.:)

I love me veggies too :clap:

Dropping a shake in favour of more veggies isn't a safe option though. You wont get all the vits, minerals, and more importantly the protein that you need on this diet.

So, you will need to keep with the CD meals. How much extra veg your body will tolerate without coming out of ketosis will be a personal thing.

As for fibre supplements, don't forget that the CD fibre 89 is basically chicory root. And hey...chickory is a veg :D

I agree with KD, the CD meals/plans are designed to give your body the correct balance of nutrients, so it's important you have the correct number for your step. In fact, if your body isn't getting it's RDA of good stuff then I believe it could actually slow down your weight loss? But I'm not a nutritionist, I'll need an expert to confirm that one... :D

Thanks folks - I had 4 tbs of veg Thursday & yesterday evening (all v.low carb),and used ketostix this am - dark pink so presume still in ketosis. I'll keep an eye on this and ask my CDC at my first weigh in on Monday. Will definitely continue with the 3 CD packs to ensure I get all I need. Cheers. Tracey

i always have a half a bag of salad - theres only 15 calories in it and zero carbs - no idea why were supposed to have 2 tablespoons!! i never have. my weight losses have been good

Thanks mrsessex and newcastlechick - good to hear. Could put down a comment re 2 tbs of veg, but it would probably upset the moderator! Good to see the losses are good even with more than 2 tbs.

I'm on 810 and am allowed 3 tbsp. I try to stick to as close to that as possible, not because I couldn't get away with more but because I need to learn discipline and to stick to the rules.

I'm horrendous at bending rules and know it'd be easy to do.

Could put down a comment re 2 tbs of veg, but it would probably upset the moderator

LOL. I'm a tough nut :D

The thing is, it's your diet. All I can do is say what could go wrong (or right in some cases), if you chose 'whatever'

The thing is, veg does contain carbs. Weird about newcastlechick's bag of salad, but there ya go...veg usually contains carbs :D

Protein is vital, so no ditching the packs.

If more veg doesn't damage the diet ie bring you out of ketosis, and you feel you need it, then I doubt it will harm in any way.

See...not upset at all :cry::cry::cry:

:D

LOL. I'm a tough nut :D

The thing is, it's your diet. All I can do is say what could go wrong (or right in some cases), if you chose 'whatever'

The thing is, veg does contain carbs. Weird about newcastlechick's bag of salad, but there ya go...veg usually contains carbs :D

Protein is vital, so no ditching the packs.

If more veg doesn't damage the diet ie bring you out of ketosis, and you feel you need it, then I doubt it will harm in any way.

See...not upset at all :cry::cry::cry:

:D

Don't you hate it when CDC's make things so simple. Fact is I know full well I don't 'need' more. The addictive desire may be telling me to have more but I'm in ketosis, I'm actually not physically hungry and I don't need it. For me, needs = wants and I need (and want!) to learn the difference betwene the two, especially when it comes to food.

Hi CDC - interesting that I posted this thread today. This evening I had vietnamese river cobbler (superb white fish when grilled) and 4-5 tbs of green veg. Greedy me & lucky me - I actually couldn't finish it!! Nice position to be in (although i'm shocked to my boots!. Lesson learnt and back to 2tbs (3 at most!). Thanks for all the posts folks.

PS - meant to say I hate to see a moderator cry!!

I find it's drinking plenty of water that keeps 'things moving.' I try to drink 5 litres a day. If I only drink 2.5 litres that is when I suffer!

It's so hard to measure 2tbsp of veg and I always feel guilty what ever the amount of veg goes on my plate, always wondering if I have over done it or too little.

I am thinking of going back to ss next week for this reason as I am enjoying having something to eat with the family but not enjoying the uncertain feeling of if I have done it right. When I am on ss I know I have stuck 100% - all in the head I know, I sound nut's don't I lol.

Back