Any 'one-pot' wonders

xnatalie81x

I have 3 children under 6 and i work so any mess saving and time saving would be great, so if anyone has any 'one-pot' recipes (not from the book titled the same of course as that would be a breach of copyright :D) - i would love to have them on a thread:

like here :)

natalie

I often make a minced beef kinda stew which is lovely and free on extra easy. No quantities I'm afraid - i just chuck it all in!!
Fry extra lean minced beef in a large pan until brown and drain off any excess fat. Add a chopped onion or two and fry until soft. Add large chunks of potato and carrot and any other veg you have laying around. Add a couple of beef oxos, salt and pepper and half fill the pan with boiling water. Simmer for a while until all the veg is cooked. Add a tin or 2 of baked beans and lots of worcester sauce and simmer again for a while. (Or put in the oven on low for as long as you like).
It's really hearty, filling and tasty!

that will be perfect to put on in the morning, be ready for kids while i am at work - and can stay on low in SC till i get home at about7.30 :) - thanks!!!!!!!

couple I've done recently, very nice from the "original" recipes book

Liver and Onion Casserole

12oz liver sliced
medium onion, sliced
7oz can chopped tomatoes
1 level tsp bovril (I used oxo cubes)
1 tsp mixed herbs
salt and black pepper

Preheat oven to 150. Wash liver, wipe dry with kitchen paper and place in an ovenproof casserole dish. Add onion and tomatoes.

Mix bovril with 1/4 pint hot water and pour on the liver and vegetables. Sprinkle on the herbs, season to taste and cover.

Bake for 1 1/2 - 2 hrs until liver is just cooked. Serve with a selection of free green vegs.

Mild Curried hot pot - this was very yummy - have made a few times.

1lb extra lean minced beef
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove (crushed)
level tbsp mild curry powder
8oz swede, peeled and chopped
2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
1pt stock made with bovril
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 190. Place all incregients in an ovenproof casserole dish and stir well to mix. Cover and cook in the centre of the oven for 1 1/2 hours or until vegs are tender. Serve with additional free vegetables of your choice, if desired.

Hi my kids love this and it will work well in slowcooker too
stewing beef cubes ( really lean beef and I use it as an HE B ) carrots , parsnip, leek, onion, sweede,coliflower butternut squash and potatoes, 2 bayleaves, salt & pepper to season... cut all the veg into cubes and place in a sauce pan with beef. Fill with water till covered add 1 or 2 tsp of Bovril beef or chicken stock and simmer for 2 hours, I thn mash it all with potatoe masher. We like it and if you don't add the beef its free on green,.

Back