Any one tried and tested any good maintenance books

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by miss jelly tot, 24 June 2009.

1. miss jelly tot

miss jelly tot CWP Consultant

Ok well I finally got to target :D and I know I need to stay here now. Can anyone suggest any good books with tips. I know Paul Mckenna has one but I would like to read up on more of the emotional triggers and how to cope with them. I know alot will need to be self taught but Im willing to try and read anything.
  2. Lynn8124

Lynn8124 Well-Known Member

Hiya, congrats on your achievement!:) You could maybe try: Breaking free from emotional eating by Geneen Roth, Beyond Chocolate by sophie and audrey boss, Say goodbye to overeating by Gillian Riley, erm that's all I know lol. Lots of luck.
    miss jelly tot likes this.
  3. miss jelly tot

Thank you Lyn I will look them up:)
  4. Purple_Star

Purple_Star Well-Known Member

Congrats on getting to goal, thats fantastic xx
  5. miss jelly tot

Thanks purple star x
  6. Staffdieter

Staffdieter Well-Known Member

I have just finished Beyond Chocolate and found it really interesting - I'm not sure about the 'on demand - free choice' eating as a way of maintining, but the sections on tuning in, focussing on eating, and recognising how hungry and satisfied you feel will be really helfpul tools as I move into maintenance. I also picked up a book called Mindless Eating by Brian Wansink, and will feed back whether this is helpful also. Thanks for the reccomendation.
  7. *Shanny*

*Shanny* Well-Known Member

I really need to get down to waterstones and start reading.

im going to need lot's of advice how to maintain. he he