Any other brides-to-be?

Valentine_N

Secret Agent
Hi!

I'm getting married next June & I (re) started slimming world 2 days ago in a last ditched attempt to shift some weight in preparation for wedding dress shopping. I am about 1 stone over weight & a further stone over what I'd like to be.

Anyone else doing slimming world to lose weight for their big day?

N x

Yep - I'm getting married in April 2016. 4 stone to lose eek xxx

Bride to Be here also, June 2017, have picked the dress but getting it made so held off on getting measured until I sort myself out!! Started s/w 4 years ago and lost almost 2 stone, then gave it up and weight went up. Have prob 6 or 7 stone to lose but starting back tonight and setting first target at just over 4 stone. Really starting to panic now, would love to smash that target and more by this time next year, I dont know whats wrong with me, start s/w and do good for few weeks then say oh sure I can do this on my own and then I just mess up.

Ninah, it's a really positive step that you've joined slimming world. I hope you are getting on well? Are you going to classes or doing it at home? I work shifts in a hospital and have 2 kids so the regularly (same time each week) of classes are a bit of a no no for me. I am sticking to the online membership & I've found that even without the group support, I am finding myself very motivated. It helps that I've now brought my dress. It was in the sample sale and is a size smaller than I am (I've been told dresses can go out 1 size or in 2 - this means it will fit as long as I don't gain weight!!). It's much more fitted than I thought I'd go for and I am determined to slim enough for myself to be confident in it!!

Good luck with your journey and maybe we can spur each other on! xx

Hi,

I'm getting married August 2018, which is quite a way off yet but I imagine will come around sooner rather than later! I've lost just over 4 stone since the end of August 15 and I'm hoping to lose another stone/stone and a half. Getting engaged really did kick my bottom into gear - I didn't want to be the bride with back fat, flabby arms and just looking unhealthy in general! X

Yes! I had fallen off the wagon somewhat but getting engaged at Easter has been the kick up the bum I needed!

I've restarted as got to target 2012 after losing nearly 7 stone and have maintained for over 3 years but have recently moved jobs and moved house so have put on over 16lb, I'm getting married may 2017 so want to look the best I can be in also a bridesmaid in October 2016

How exciting is wedding planning?!!

I have been a bit lax with the "dieting" over the (long) weekend but I'm back into it as of today.

xx

Good for you I miss calculated my syns today had brunch and late lunch out so trying to rope it in will be good tomorrow having vanilla/lemon scanbran sizzle cake

I am getting married September 2017 - trying to hold off on the dress shopping until I shift a few lbs, which which the sunshine the past few weeks has not helped! I need to stop the excuses and knuckle down!

Back