ANY PCOS SUFFERERS OUT THERE

BLUEDIAMOND

Hello

i just wondered on this diet if you found anything that aggrivated your pcos by eating anything. Or slowing down weight loss??

Have asked my co-ordinator and she says no , but wanted to ask elsewhere (not that i dont believe her lol)

all the best - julie x

'raises hand'

I have pcos and i haven't found anything that causes any problems so far. To be honest i have never found dieting does anything except good things for my pcos, i am a yoyo healthy eater though! lol

I lost about half a stone on this diet months ago, but then fell off the wagon and have only just started back up this week.

To be honest i found the weight loss slow and painful in that everyone else seems to lose it quicker, my friend at work was losing 3lbs weekly on average.

Don't know if it's because i have less to lose or if it's because of the pcos, i am here to give it another shot though!

i don't have pcos but i do have polycystic ovaries....just not the syndrome! my gyno said that my weight was the most likely cause of this as the fat mimics the hormone (oestrogen???) that makes the body react in the same way a pcos suffers would. so, i have to lose loads of weight and everything should be ok!

Yes that is what i was told too Karen (or something along those lines).

The weight makes it worse, but i had pcos (undiagnosed at the time) when i was a teenager and i was very thin back then.

I have PCOS and no periods at all, I am doing the diet to hopefully bring the weight down and bring back the periods !! We hope to have a baby this yr/next yr

I have pcos (my most irritating symptom being the excess hair on my face, abdomen etc, my MOST irritating symptom was scatty periods - one every 3-4 months, but thank God I conceived naturally in the end and have my beautiful daughter now!! :D - there is hope lardy!!!) after I had my dd my periods came more regulary than before but still not great and I have to say since my weight has come down by about a stone with SW, I have very regular periods - still have the hirsutism but get 4 monthly laser treatments and now feel much more womanly!!! hth xxx

HELLO THERE

I SUFFER TERRIBLY FROM hirsutism AM UNDERGOING TREATMENT FROM HOSPITAL AND DUE TO GO BACK IN MARCH, AM ON THE PILL DIANETTE (EVEN THOUGH I BEEN STERALISED, LOL) AND VANQUA CREAM, DOC SED IF NO IMPROVEMENT WILL RECOMMEND ME FOR ELECTROLYSIS. DONT KNOW IF ANY WILL HELP AS IN EARLY STAGES YET. WAS LEFT TO MY OWN DEVICES FOR OVER TEN YEARS UNTIL I NAGGED DOCS TO REFER ME CAUSE I COULDNT PUT UP WITH THE hirsutism NO LONGER.....

ALL THE BEST - JULIE X

I have pcos (my most irritating symptom being the excess hair on my face, abdomen etc, my MOST irritating symptom was scatty periods - one every 3-4 months, but thank God I conceived naturally in the end and have my beautiful daughter now!! :D - there is hope lardy!!!) after I had my dd my periods came more regulary than before but still not great and I have to say since my weight has come down by about a stone with SW, I have very regular periods - still have the hirsutism but get 4 monthly laser treatments and now feel much more womanly!!! hth xxx

HELLO THERE

I SUFFER TERRIBLY FROM hirsutism AM UNDERGOING TREATMENT FROM HOSPITAL AND DUE TO GO BACK IN MARCH, AM ON THE PILL DIANETTE (EVEN THOUGH I BEEN STERALISED, LOL) AND VANQUA CREAM, DOC SED IF NO IMPROVEMENT WILL RECOMMEND ME FOR ELECTROLYSIS. DONT KNOW IF ANY WILL HELP AS IN EARLY STAGES YET. WAS LEFT TO MY OWN DEVICES FOR OVER TEN YEARS UNTIL I NAGGED DOCS TO REFER ME CAUSE I COULDNT PUT UP WITH THE hirsutism NO LONGER.....

- Hi Julie, I was fine weight wise and hair wise (iykwim) until I was 18 and went on the progestorone only pill, after 3 months on the pill Id put on 3 stone and when I came off it thats when my periods started to get all messed up and my hirsutism began...imo pcos was lying dormant in me and the pill was the catalyst for my symptoms, my endo didnt seem surprised by this theory!!! Anyways I was prescribed the vaniqa (sp) cream as well and I had electrolysis once (which was soooooooo bloody painful!!!) I would advise anyone who suffers from paranoia and low self esteem cos of hirsutism to get laser treatment - its the best thing I have ever done for myself, and yes even though I have to pay for it myself I feel that its done my confidence the world of good, it actually gave me the confidence to start to lose the weight with sw!! And to feel like I wasnt a freak or half man or something!!! I only go now once every 3-4 months and the results are outstanding! I have very little facial hair now and my abdomen is completely clear!! ( I had VERY thick coarse dark hair all over my abdomen) Sorry this is so long but honestly, I cant recommend it enough!!

Ty irish

one point i would like to ask , i thought hair laser removal was meant to be permenant, hence all the advertising . How comes u have to have it done every 3/4 months.

Hope u dont mind me asking - cheers julie xx

hello there

i suffer terribly from hirsutism am undergoing treatment from hospital and due to go back in march, am on the pill dianette (even though i been steralised, lol) and vanqua cream, doc sed if no improvement will recommend me for electrolysis. Dont know if any will help as in early stages yet. Was left to my own devices for over ten years until i nagged docs to refer me cause i couldnt put up with the hirsutism no longer.....

- hi julie, i was fine weight wise and hair wise (iykwim) until i was 18 and went on the progestorone only pill, after 3 months on the pill id put on 3 stone and when i came off it thats when my periods started to get all messed up and my hirsutism began...imo pcos was lying dormant in me and the pill was the catalyst for my symptoms, my endo didnt seem surprised by this theory!!! Anyways i was prescribed the vaniqa (sp) cream as well and i had electrolysis once (which was soooooooo bloody painful!!!) i would advise anyone who suffers from paranoia and low self esteem cos of hirsutism to get laser treatment - its the best thing i have ever done for myself, and yes even though i have to pay for it myself i feel that its done my confidence the world of good, it actually gave me the confidence to start to lose the weight with sw!! And to feel like i wasnt a freak or half man or something!!! I only go now once every 3-4 months and the results are outstanding! I have very little facial hair now and my abdomen is completely clear!! ( i had very thick coarse dark hair all over my abdomen) sorry this is so long but honestly, i cant recommend it enough!!

Its permanent hair REDUCTION - thats where they play on words to grab you in you see!! LOL - It takes about 8 treatments for it to never come back but hair growth is cycular(is that the right term?!?) and so you never get all the wee shites!! heehee! It works best on coarse dark hair as thats what the laser is attracted to. Even though I have to go every quarter I've been having it done for 18 months since my daughter was born and Im getting longer and longer between treatments and the growth I get back is softer and finer, and honestly it isnt something that even really bothers me anymore because in the interim months after treatment I have literally NO hirsutism!! Its fabulous! hth, any questions about it im really happy to answer because like sw i've found it to have a really positive affect on my life! :D

Hi All
Thought id say Hello as I also have PCOS. I was told I had it at 19 discovered after a car crash...after the crash all of a sudden I had periods all the time so I was sent for tests and all of a sudden PCOS was in my life. At the time I wasn't that badly over weight and the hair was not an issue. Being an immature 19 being told you may not be able to have kids unfortunately made me want to prove my body wrong and so 6mths later I found out I was pregnant...wouldn't change it for the world but it was after the pregnancy when my cycle returned that was when all of a sudden I gained weight dramatically. By the time my son was 5mths old I weighed 20st...
I saw Gyni and was told that I was lucky to conceive my child and that the symptoms of PCOS would make it harder to conceive as I got older. I have been very lucky to have another child when I was 23 although again after the birth I found myself gaining weight and trapped in a body weighing 25 stone. I have been a yo yo body for all of my 20s and at 25 years of age I gave birth to my daughter. This time having lost some weight I again reached 23 stone.
Now at 29 years of age I found myself rising up to 21 stone 7lbs in the Summer and decided this time Id had enough. Im due to get married in December 2009 and more than anything I would love to achieve as much as I can. Im really not sure what that is..as it seems to have been so long since I saw a healthy slim person in the mirror Im not sure whether I will ever see that person. Im feeling very frustrated with myself at the moment because the week before Christmas I weighed 18st 8 and then in the space of a week I was 19 stone 6. I would say that the way PCOS affects my weigh is that unlike an average slimmer if I let my excercise and diet slip slightly I dramatically able to gain. Other symptoms are really begining to ba a problem...the hair grows so fast and my facial hair really does annoy me.. I try to remove it with cream as Im a wimp when it comes to pain. My sis in law to be has started waxing my legs and that seems to slow it down a little...but Ouch! Recently the acne is the bad thing.. I do hope if I start to loose it will decrease.. Wouldn't it be amazing to be healthy in my 30's... I missed out on it in my 20's so I really hope I can do this.
Not sure I had a point but maybe my chatterbox typing has interested someone I hope
Love Jen x

Hi all i'm new to the site and have PCOS to. I am also a vegetarian so struggle with all the carby foods e.g pasta, rice on the green days. Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Good energy to all :)

Starting Weight - 15.7 1/2
Week 1 - 15.3 1/4
Week 2 - 15.0 1/4

Goal Weight 10st

Back