any post-holiday CDers out there??

lumpyandbumpy

Silver Member
hi all,

i have just returned from holidays, put on half a stone but getting back on the diet as of today (well for 3 days anyway, got hen wkend friday!!)

i remember in a previous thread there were others who were concerned about gaining on hols and finding the willpower to get back on CD so I'm setting up this thread to help others (and myself!) get back on track and focus on getting to goal!

I'm pleased with my gain although it doesnt sound great, i really did end up pigging out on hols so half a stone is not as awful as i'd thought it would be. i'm aiming for damage limitation this wkend by taking weetabix and pre-made wholemeal tuna pasta to eat and will limit the alcohol intake as im not a big drinker anyway :)

how are others finding the diet post-holiday?? x

Hiya! Welcome back - sounds as if you had fab time on your hols!! Half a stone is fine, considering you ate what you wanted (and you deserved after being absolutely brilliant beforehand!!).

All the best with the restart!!

Lx

Hiya! Welcome back - sounds as if you had fab time on your hols!! Half a stone is fine, considering you ate what you wanted (and you deserved after being absolutely brilliant beforehand!!).

All the best with the restart!!

Lx

hello! yes i'm actually really pleased with the half a stone, strange as it sounds!! im glad in a way that i ate what i did because its out of my system now and i enjoyed every mouthful haha! well done on your results too, you're nearly at your goal, thats fab!! fingers crossed for a good result for you next weigh-in now!

I'm glad you started this thread. I'm off to Spain tomorrow for 4 days and will be coming off plan. Will check in here on my return! 7lbs is not to bad though! You'll soon get that off!

I'm glad you started this thread. I'm off to Spain tomorrow for 4 days and will be coming off plan. Will check in here on my return! 7lbs is not to bad though! You'll soon get that off!

you'll be fine with just 4 days, might even give ur metabolism a boost to eat for a few days! i'll give u a brief example of my holiday diet, and this is the amount i ate every day over 7 days, i had cereal with sugar and milk, 2 slices of toast and 3 boiled eggs at breakfast, cheeseburger and chips at lunch followed by an ice cream then either garlic chicken/chicken curry with rice and chips or bolognese/carbonara with garlic bread and chips for dinner followed by a mars bar, plus full calorie drinks with meals and cocktails every night so as you can see i really went for it on hols, willpower evaded me completely but im glad i had the break and will focus on CD until this wkend's break and then get back on it again next Tuesday!!

jesus you did go for it i am off to the states for 2 weeks tomorrow going to low carb have evening meals and enjoy them. and drink gin slimline tonic

jesus you did go for it i am off to the states for 2 weeks tomorrow going to low carb have evening meals and enjoy them. and drink gin slimline tonic

ooo enjoy ur break in the states, good idea sticking to the protein, you may find you might not even gain if you limit the carbs with any luck!

wow... i'm a teeny bit jealous... lol

But, you were on your hols, and you deserved to enjoy yourself!

How are you feeling now, still starvio? Why don't have some chicken, just to tide you over...

Lx

LV30, what step are you on now as your close to goal? I have 8lbs to go and was wondering about stepping up.

lumpyandbumpy said:
you'll be fine with just 4 days, might even give ur metabolism a boost to eat for a few days! i'll give u a brief example of my holiday diet, and this is the amount i ate every day over 7 days, i had cereal with sugar and milk, 2 slices of toast and 3 boiled eggs at breakfast, cheeseburger and chips at lunch followed by an ice cream then either garlic chicken/chicken curry with rice and chips or bolognese/carbonara with garlic bread and chips for dinner followed by a mars bar, plus full calorie drinks with meals and cocktails every night so as you can see i really went for it on hols, willpower evaded me completely but im glad i had the break and will focus on CD until this wkend's break and then get back on it again next Tuesday!!

You sound like you had a fab time! Will try to low carb but not making any promises - my CDC tried to convince me to follow plan in Spain but I personally feel it will be a waste of products as I'll only be half heartily following! lol! I Plan to enjoy my 4 day break!!!!

wow... i'm a teeny bit jealous... lol

But, you were on your hols, and you deserved to enjoy yourself!

How are you feeling now, still starvio? Why don't have some chicken, just to tide you over...

Lx

lol yes i really stuffed my face but im very lucky to have only put on half a stone, the damage could have been so much worse so for the next 2 breaks i dont think i'll be as wild!! im not too hungry now but ive had my 2nd shake so thatll keep me going for a bit. if it gets too much, i'll follow SS+ til friday and have some chicken or eggs just to keep the hunger at bay!

You sound like you had a fab time! Will try to low carb but not making any promises - my CDC tried to convince me to follow plan in Spain but I personally feel it will be a waste of products as I'll only be half heartily following! lol! I Plan to enjoy my 4 day break!!!!

i had originally intended to follow the plan abroad, i even took a travel kettle with me for my soup! my plan was to have a shake mid morning, then just fill up on water til dinner and have a protein based meal in the night but it wasnt to be for me! if you can stick to low carb meals then thats great but dont feel bad if you cant, you are on hols after all and only 4 days shouldnt result in too much damage! Besides it'll come straight off when you get back on CD after your break, so if you want a treat, dont agonise over it, whatever's broken can always be fixed! enjoyio!!

I'm really glad you started this thread lumpyandbumpy.
I'm off on hols in 4 weeks time and am intending to come off the diet while I'm away. By the time I go I will have done 12 weeks so my plan is to have a break and enjoy my holiday and get straight back into it when I come back. I know there's no point even taking any Cambridge products with me, they probably wouldn't even get out my suitcase. My only worry though is that I'll put on such a *huge* amount of weight while I'm away I'll end up nearly back where I started :(

I'm going to try and be at least partly sensible and am hoping to limit the damage to about 7lbs gain. It's really great that you've been able to have a fantastic holiday but then get back into things on your return, your experience gives me hope! I'd be interested to know how other people handle holidays, and how quickly it takes to lose any weight gained after you get back.

Potter x

I'm really glad you started this thread lumpyandbumpy.
I'm off on hols in 4 weeks time and am intending to come off the diet while I'm away. By the time I go I will have done 12 weeks so my plan is to have a break and enjoy my holiday and get straight back into it when I come back. I know there's no point even taking any Cambridge products with me, they probably wouldn't even get out my suitcase. My only worry though is that I'll put on such a *huge* amount of weight while I'm away I'll end up nearly back where I started :(

I'm going to try and be at least partly sensible and am hoping to limit the damage to about 7lbs gain. It's really great that you've been able to have a fantastic holiday but then get back into things on your return, your experience gives me hope! I'd be interested to know how other people handle holidays, and how quickly it takes to lose any weight gained after you get back.

Potter x

glad the thread will hopefully be of some help to you! i know ill need it because its not just this holiday i'm dealing with this summer so i'll need to regain focus after my next 2 breaks, eek!! i hope you enjoy ur break and that u dont worry too much about the gain. i was really panicking but in hindsight im glad i enjoyed some lovely food which has resulted in the 7lbs gain rather than half sticking to the diet and still gaining a few pounds.

i think if i had followed the diet and still put on 7lbs i would have been disappointed but you just dont know what sort of gain you'll get! unfortunately our bodies are all different, i do believe that i've been very very lucky to only gain half a stone considering what i ate so its no good advising others to go mad for a week or 2 and expect the same results. some people may put on more and others may have great metabolisms and not have a massive difference. it really is a chance you take but if you can get back on track as as you return then at least you've got that damage limitation in place :)

I'm supposed to be doing 1000 cals, but i'm very nervous. I'm only having 2 bars now, so i've got to start eating more!! I've got a recipe book so i'm going to trawl through that for ideas.

Lxx

I'm supposed to be doing 1000 cals, but i'm very nervous. I'm only having 2 bars now, so i've got to start eating more!! I've got a recipe book so i'm going to trawl through that for ideas.

Lxx

Sorry to be asking questions but I am worried about stepping up. What plans did you do prior to 1000cal? What were your losses like on them?

Hiya! I came back Friday and popped on here but couldn't see anyone! Came back weighing 10 st 6, since then have gone to town, massive night out and 3 naughty days. Gonna restart today just weighed and I'm 10 st 6 still :)

Gonna really try and be good this week and hopefully drop the gain x

Hiya! I came back Friday and popped on here but couldn't see anyone! Came back weighing 10 st 6, since then have gone to town, massive night out and 3 naughty days. Gonna restart today just weighed and I'm 10 st 6 still :)

Gonna really try and be good this week and hopefully drop the gain x

that's a good gain, especially as you've had a few naughty days extra :) only half a stone like me! i stuck to SS yesterday, 3 shakes and plenty of water and i've dropped another 3lbs so im currently 9st 10lbs on the home scales, first thing in morning with no clothes! so will be heavier at the official weigh-in tonight but at least i know that getting back on SS has worked straight away which will push me to keep going until the hen wkend on friday!

Just departing now on my 4 day holiday. Will check in with the damage report on my return!
Had my first non Cambridge thing! Raspberry ripple cupcake from costa! Was so sweet and sickly - wont be repeating that any time soon. Feeling quite sick!

Back