Any slow losers out there?

Fattibumbum

I've been doing Exante for 5 weeks now, 2 were TS and 3 have been WS and I've lost 13lbs so far. It just seems to be soooo slow for all I'm eating and having in a day. This week I've only lost 3/4 of a pound. I've actually put on a pound that I'd lost at the beginning of the week. I lost 3.5lbs last week and 1/4lb the week before, it's torture!

I consistently lost when I did all stages of Cambridge a few years ago and never less than 2lbs a week and that was on all stages including 1000 with carbs so why the hell is this taking so long. Is so disheartening. The thing is my body is shrinking but the scales don't seem to be following suit. To make it worse my lovely hubby has lost almost 2 stones in the same time frame. He lost 5lbs to my 3/4lb this last week and we eating the same things, actually he's eating a bit more.

46 readers and no replies? :(

aww sorry sweety, I have to admit to reading and running coz I didnt really know what to say. Your so close to being in the healthy zone so this might be why. Have you looked at everything ur eating to make sure its all ok? And MEN!! they are so lucky as they just lose weight faster grrrr!!xx

Fattibumbum said:
I've been doing Exante for 5 weeks now, 2 were TS and 3 have been WS and I've lost 13lbs so far. It just seems to be soooo slow for all I'm eating and having in a day. This week I've only lost 3/4 of a pound. I've actually put on a pound that I'd lost at the beginning of the week. I lost 3.5lbs last week and 1/4lb the week before, it's torture!

I consistently lost when I did all stages of Cambridge a few years ago and never less than 2lbs a week and that was on all stages including 1000 with carbs so why the hell is this taking so long. Is so disheartening. The thing is my body is shrinking but the scales don't seem to be following suit. To make it worse my lovely hubby has lost almost 2 stones in the same time frame. He lost 5lbs to my 3/4lb this last week and we eating the same things, actually he's eating a bit more.

Don't be disheartened, if ur exercising then muscle weighs more so u could be losing inches, have u tried measuring! I had a fantastic idea off 'healthy me' who said about measuring with a ribbon each week and chopping off the excess as u get smaller, I'm gona definitely give it a go, good luck xx

Hi fattibumbum...

I've also been doing exante for 5 weeks, but doing TS the entire time & I've gotta admit I'm feeling a bit disappointed & deflated at the mo... Was really happy with my losses of 8lbs, 5lbs, 3lbs, 3lbs but nothing at all this week. I know my numbers are not to be sniffed at but if I'm honest, I've lost 3lbs a week doing ww & eating properly so was expecting more with this. & Absolutely gutted That this week after 6 days so far of TS nothings gone, it seems impossible! I've been measuring & have barely lost any inches either, only 1 from my waist & hips, half from each thigh & none from my arms :-( I'm going to stick with it but really hoping it gets a bit better results wise. I don't really know what to say to encourage you, but maybe just stick with it another couple of weeks & if it doesn't improve perhaps go back to Cambridge which u know works for u??

Hope u get sone better numbers soon, Nicola xx

Thank you both so much for the replies, even if you don't have the answer, it's nice to get a friendly response. I posted a thread when I was struggling the other week and I had so many readers but no replies ,so I decided to ask again this time lol.

I am shrinking, I seem to be shrinking more than in losing, so odd. I didn't measure this week because I feel bad enough about the weight, if I haven't lost on the tape measure I don't think I could take it.

The weird thing about me losing this weight is my Mum in law is going on to me and my hubby about how much I've lost and he's lost double and she hasn't noticed, honestly, the man has lost 2 chins but she hasn't noticed. Go figure! My mum noticed him and didn't really see it on me.

My 9st 7lb goal just seems so unobtainable at the moment, pah!

I'm not exercising, which I know is a big thing but I have arthritis and I'm exhausted all the time ATM. That's why I had to do WS because TS was making me ill. The thing is I felt this tired when I was eating "normal" food and I ate and ate and ate but never got anymore energy so at least I'm not just stuffing my face anymore.

Sorry I'm gibbering on here, it's just good to talk about it.

Thanks again, fbb xx

Hi Nicola, I'm sorry you've not lost this week either, let's hope that next week you'll make up for it. Your losses have been great so far, perhaps it's a hormonal thing? My totm is so messed up now I'm doing this and I have no idea when I'm due so I can't even say its that for sure.

I've lost a lot of inches in the first 3 weeks but put some on last week despite losing weight. The week I lost 1/4lb I lost an inch from each part of my torso, wth?

As you suggest I'll give it a couple more weeks, my hubby will be at target then and he has already said that he will stop the Exante products and if I want I can do Cambridge again, so I'll maybe End up doing that.

I lost 6.5lbs the first week on Slimming world and 4 or 5lbs when doing weight watchers but just 5 on this. Soooo weird.

Thank you for your reply, good luck, this weeks loss will be brilliant for both of us. Or else! X

dont take it personally hun i just think sometimes people dont know wat to say. I've also had threads where I've had no response. to be honest with me I'm usually here but not here if u get me, running about after kiddies...especially as one has chicken pox at the moment.xx

Thanks Dolly_daydream, I didn't mean to take it personally I just felt even more deflated as I had over 100 readers and nothing, felt like I must have sounded like a moaning cowbag lol

Sorry to hear about the chicken pox, my son had it when he was 2 and thankfully it was in the summer, so he ran about the decking naked and dosed on piriton and sailed through the dreaded thing. Hope the wee one is better soon x

I know, sometimes u cant help it!! I have wondered myself lol!! My elder daughter caught it first, shes 4 and she sailed thro it, had it very mildly, but the baby hasnt been so lucky, shes 14 months and covered!!, shes also on the piriton and I bought a special mousse but she is still coming to me at times and grabbing at her head and back and saying mumma and point at the mousse, its horrid to see her so frustrated!!xx

Poor baby. It's always worse when passed through siblings apparently :(. It's heartbreaking when they're ill isn't it? Get well soon wee one x

Hi fattibumbum...

I've also been doing exante for 5 weeks, but doing TS the entire time & I've gotta admit I'm feeling a bit disappointed & deflated at the mo... Was really happy with my losses of 8lbs, 5lbs, 3lbs, 3lbs but nothing at all this week. I know my numbers are not to be sniffed at but if I'm honest, I've lost 3lbs a week doing ww & eating properly so was expecting more with this. & Absolutely gutted That this week after 6 days so far of TS nothings gone, it seems impossible! I've been measuring & have barely lost any inches either, only 1 from my waist & hips, half from each thigh & none from my arms :-( I'm going to stick with it but really hoping it gets a bit better results wise. I don't really know what to say to encourage you, but maybe just stick with it another couple of weeks & if it doesn't improve perhaps go back to Cambridge which u know works for u??

Hope u get sone better numbers soon, Nicola xx

Nicki I have to admit I'm getting nervous this week, last week I had a mixed week doing to other meal replacement diets whilst waiting for my exante and only had 2 days worth of exante, lost 9lb last week and altho I was happy I thought in my first week I'd lose more but put it down to not being a pure exante week.. Now in my 2nd week, weigh on Fri mornings so coming to the end of my fourth day and I've lost 2lb....so I'm a bit gutted with that,I'm hoping to get to 4lb by Friday but I have to say I'll still be gutted with 4lb!!xx

Fattibumbum said:
Hi Nicola, I'm sorry you've not lost this week either, let's hope that next week you'll make up for it. Your losses have been great so far, perhaps it's a hormonal thing? My totm is so messed up now I'm doing this and I have no idea when I'm due so I can't even say its that for sure.

I've lost a lot of inches in the first 3 weeks but put some on last week despite losing weight. The week I lost 1/4lb I lost an inch from each part of my torso, wth?

As you suggest I'll give it a couple more weeks, my hubby will be at target then and he has already said that he will stop the Exante products and if I want I can do Cambridge again, so I'll maybe End up doing that.

I lost 6.5lbs the first week on Slimming world and 4 or 5lbs when doing weight watchers but just 5 on this. Soooo weird.

Thank you for your reply, good luck, this weeks loss will be brilliant for both of us. Or else! X

Your alot like me ice lost dramatically in inches but not weight which im happy with. Try not to let it worry you, remember the calorie intake differs from cambridge to exante

tomorrow is onl

I am a slow loser too so know how you feel. I usually lose my stone, or over, in the first month but have never, either on CD or Exante, lost a stone a month after the first month. I will have my 6th WI on Thursday morning. Last week I only lost 1lb. I have been on Exante now for 40 day - 38 of them 100% TS. It is very very disheartening, but I exercise at least 3/4 times a week with no intention of stopping. I would rather tone as I go so maybe that has something to do with it. I wish I was a good loser though x

aww sorry sweety, I have to admit to reading and running coz I didnt really know what to say. Your so close to being in the healthy zone so this might be why. Have you looked at everything ur eating to make sure its all ok? And MEN!! they are so lucky as they just lose weight faster grrrr!!xx

I'm sorry to admit I did the same earlier....and I haven't got a clue why your loss is slow, some people lose weight easily but put weight on again easily and others lose weight slowly and keep it off. I suppose what i'm saying is that its one of life's mysteries lol I'm not much help am I! xxx

It must be really frustrating, don't know what to say.

I've been frustrated because the last few weeks I've only lost 2lbs a week. Any other diet I'd be happy with that, but you expect to lose more on this because there are so few calories. Plus I can't help but look at other peoples numbers and see them consistently lose 4 or 5lbs a week and wonder why I don't (and I've got plenty to lose as well!).

Im only on week 2 of the diet.. i lost 8.5lbs in week 1 and 4.5lbs in week 2 = 13lbs.. My husband is on the diet as well but has done ws days as well and he has has lost 16lbs in the same time and has eaten.. he even had a curry last night with naan bread and got on the scales and had lost 1lb overnight.. it really pees me off as my weight always seems to be up and down all the time...maybe i should just get on the scales once a week... but im losing so as long as i lose at least 4lbs again this week ill be happy but im not sure it will happen.

Hi Mia, you must be so frustrated, and with all that exercise too, it's so odd just how different it is for everyone, even on a diet like this that you would think the weight would fall off everybody. I'm just trying to think, roll on Sunday, at the moment, because I have to have lost something this week! I'll even brave a measure and maybe take some progress pics, my hubby says the difference is unreal but I've not really been looking in the mirror too much as I'm nowhere near happy with what I can see yet. Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone, I guess some of us just lose slower. Dangnabbit!

Hi fab-buster, lady shopper and claz, thanks for posting too, it's been so nice getting replies and is really spurring me on, just to know there is even one person losing slowly or at least frustrated by the speed they are losing helps, Minimins really is a fantastic support system isn't it?

Men are very annoying creatures lol, my hubby feels really guilty for losing so fast and, as bad as it sounds, I have been green with envy a couple of times but he looks extra hawt now so I'm not really minding too much, pmsl! Just enjoying the view. Now he wants to build some muscles, okay hunny if you really have too *bites fist*. Not that I've gone off topic or anything.

I wasn't very hungry tonight so had less than usual but I had a wee bit of frying steak for a wee change with just some stir fry veg and with my porridge for supper I'm full to the brim. I have a raspberry Tesco bar to look forward to for breakfast, yum!

Thanks again all, i really appreciate the feedback and advice. fbb xxx

Back